Help - crackling & stuttering with Tidal stream to USB DAC
Apr 16, 2020 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ampersand

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all. I've been streaming Tidal for a couple of years now and have recently encountered a new problem while listening. Every couple of songs i start to hear what sounds like crackling & stuttering in the audio stream, sometimes the song even seems to slow down during this event. If i hit the pause button on Tidal and then immediately hit play, the song resumes playing just fine.... until 10-20 minutes later when it happens again.

Is this a network issue? I listen via wifi mostly due to practicality. I haven't yet tried connecting an ethernet cable to my router, but as mentioned i haven't had any issues in the past with listening via wifi.

One thing that has changed is I recently switched from an audioquest dragonfly to a focal arche. Could there be something with the focal usb driver not working well with Windows 10?

Wondering if anyone else has encountered something similar.

Apr 21, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 2
I do encounter the same thing and I suspect it's network/computer related. Same thing happens on my phone when streaming wifi and using my BTR5 via bluetooth. Couldn't give the specifics as to why, but I've noticed I don't have the same issue with downloaded content. It's definitely frustrating because then you have to bump the AQ down, and at that point why even have Tidal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back