Help choosing speakers for raspyfi + Aune T1 in living room
Nov 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DaveAngel

New Head-Fier
Hi, looking for advice.

Had kids last year, which ment my high-fi, speakers and CD collection got lifted from the living room to make space for toys and to move cables out of reach of young fingers. I'm now looking to re-introduce music into my lounge via raspyfi.

I narrowed down the dac to the schiit modi or aune t1, and deciding to plumpt for the latter i ordered it earlier this week.

Going back to my first comment about kids, its seriously limiting my ability to go out and listen to dozens of speakers.

From my guitar playing youth, i know that valve amps should be driven hard, and with that in mind i'm looking for a suitable speaker setup for around £150 (baby reduced budget) to fill a medium size (4-8m) living room

Really not sure where to start - the active route with something along the lines of the M-audio BX5 D2, which may not cope being near field monitors, or the passive with a pair of q acoustics 2020i, although not sure if the little t1 will power these.

With the amount of toys/nappy bags etc around i am not too fussed about looks at this stage, but the sound needs to fill the room. I may add an active sub to the setup later.

Any ideas/comments/direction/experience would be appreciated!

Kind Regards, 

Dave

Nov 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 3
The Aune T1 is a headphone amp. It it not meant to power speakers. Good tube amps for speakers are WAY out of your price range. With your budget, you could look for budget powered speakers or get a Lepai t-amp and an inexpensive set of passive speakers.

Nov 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 3
You can look at the Topping TP30 which is a T class amp/Dac and headphone amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back