Help!! Choosing my first custom iem
Oct 13, 2010 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

icemountain

New Head-Fier
Hi, i am looking for a custom iem. I am planning to got get a ue tf10 pro and turn it into a custom iem and also adding an additional driver. Any suggestion? or i should get the um3x and do the same thing?

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 3
Man I am in the exact same situation as you are and the search feature is your friend.  The custom market isn't as saturated as the universal one so it is easier to just use the search feature to find brands you are interested as very few people have owned multiple custom IEMs simply because of the price(and yes I know there are a few who have).  If you just added a driver though, wouldn't you also have to add a crossover and have to entrust the task to someone competent; this could cost more than just ponying up for a brand name custom in the first place.

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #3 of 3
I'm very much confused as well. I have the TF10, which I plan to get upgraded into a six-driver custom. I have the SM3 which I absolutely love, hence the EM3 is another choice. Then there are the usual suspects, the Westone ES5 (I considered because I love the Westone 2), and of course the JH13. I still can't decide which way I want to go. High end audio is really confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back