Help Choosing IEM's
Feb 3, 2011 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jacobap100

100+ Head-Fier
I really need advice on what IEM's I should get for 300 and under. The poll has my choices but I am very open to suggestions.
I know the coppers are over 300 but onecall can give me a good deal.

I love bass!!!!!!
I want the most isolation possible and them to be comfortable as well.
I enjoy foward mids and a good soundstage also.
I just listen to hip-hop,Rap,R&B,some club music.

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #2 of 15
well if bass is important for ya, the best bass i have heard so far was from audio technicas ATH-CKS70. a close second would be the panasonic line of iems
take that with a grain of salt though because i have not heard every iem available, especially the more expensive and higher end iems
just my 2 cents

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 15
Radius DDM offers mind blowing BASS. It is also best "bang for the buck" dynamic IEMs on the market today.

Also New Radius 21 model is going to be released in March but so far no reviews available...

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #10 of 15
The DDM doesn't isolate well. All three of the iems in the poll isolate better and also have very good bass. Monster has the lifetime warranty as long as it's purchased from an authorized dealer.

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 15
Ok I am basically between the klipsch x 10 the Monster turbine pro gold and the triple fi's which would be best for me

My needs: I need Isolation and comfort because of long bus rides and I also want a lot of bass!!!
I listen to a lot of hip-hop.
I have the klipsch s4 and how do these stack up to the klipsch x10, Monster turbine pro gold and the triple fi's

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #12 of 15
Out of the three, the triple.fi have the most fit issues. I used to own the MTPG but I still own the x10. The X10 is by far the most comfortable out of the 3. The MTPG is larger and heavier than the x10. It also has the bling factor which I personally disliked. I used to own the S4 and the difference would be no bloated bass and piercing highs. The highs and bass will be more refined and the midrange will sound sweeter.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #13 of 15
I have the TF10 and S4 and would say the S4 has a lot more bass--though not in a good way IMO. But if you want lots of bass the TF10 might not be the best way to go. Not that it doesn't have plenty of bass, just maybe not as much as the Monsters.

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #15 of 15
Any decent dynamic driver will offer more bass with better timber as opposed to BA.
BA driver will usually offer more articulate bass but at the same time lose out in timbre.
Either way you win some and lose some.

If comfort is an issue for you, then most likely you'd want an IEM with a smaller housing.
Single BA IEMs usually don't have a problem with comfort as they do not need to conform to specific designs unlike dynamic driver IEMs.
Dual BA and Triple BA IEMs will be more prone to comfort issues though some may be really snug and nice.

Dynamic driver IEMs with larger housings are usually above 9mm, and only larger housings that can be worn over the ear will be more comfortable.
Those with larger housings worn cord down are usually not comfort oriented.

Isolation wise, BA IEMs will no doubt be better in most cases as they are sealed.
Dynamic driver IEMs will usually lose out due to them being vented more often than not. If it's a pin hole vent, then it's more negligible.

Your best bet out of the three you put in the poll will be the Turbine Pro Golds. Not so sure about it's midrange though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back