Help choosing adpater for interconnect versus buying mini to RCA cable
May 27, 2010 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DannyBuoy

100+ Head-Fier
I have looked at Audience Conductor, Kimber cables, Morrow MA1 Mini to RCA cables and a 1 meter cable to connect my portable DAC to my Amp will be from $75 to $300. I will not be using my S:flo as my DAC for more than a few months but I want to have a decent connection while I save for a better DAC.

I just ordered a new Yamamoto HA-02 amp to go with my newly purchased Audio Technica AT-W1000X HPs and I want to get a decent cable to start off on the right foot but heres the catch.

I see on Amazon they sell an Audioquest Mini to RCA Adpater that is just a small plug with 2 RCA connections and a mini plug sticking out of it. Now I own both Copperhead and Diamondback cables and have an extra pair of each (1 meter interconnects from my home system) and I wanted an oipinion of what you would do. Would you use your Diamondbacks with an adapter or is it better to spend $100 (or more obviously) and get an end to end finished mini to RCA cable?

Any thoughts on signal loss on adding another connection in the chain there from DAC to amp?

Thanks a lot for any feedback!

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
I have looked at Audience Conductor, Kimber cables, Morrow MA1 Mini to RCA cables and a 1 meter cable to connect my portable DAC to my Amp will be from $75 to $300. I will not be using my S:flo as my DAC for more than a few months but I want to have a decent connection while I save for a better DAC.

I just ordered a new Yamamoto HA-02 amp to go with my newly purchased Audio Technica AT-W1000X HPs and I want to get a decent cable to start off on the right foot but heres the catch.

I see on Amazon they sell an Audioquest Mini to RCA Adpater that is just a small plug with 2 RCA connections and a mini plug sticking out of it. Now I own both Copperhead and Diamondback cables and have an extra pair of each (1 meter interconnects from my home system) and I wanted an oipinion of what you would do. Would you use your Diamondbacks with an adapter or is it better to spend $100 (or more obviously) and get an end to end finished mini to RCA cable?

Any thoughts on signal loss on adding another connection in the chain there from DAC to amp?

Thanks a lot for any feedback!

Funny you should ask.  I was just looking at the Audioquest Mini to RCA Adapter yesterday, but decided to go with a 3.5 mm to RCA cable instead.  For one thing I did not want torque on the 3.5 mm jack.

Jun 6, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #3 of 3
If you were to use the adaptor way for short term period before deciding to buy a complete molded cable is fine.

Personally I'm also using this method from my iPod dock 3.5mm adaptor into pair of Audioplan cables into my home system! (in the means of terminating some left over cables for home system)

Only to caution on the weight of those Audioquest cables!

It's still advisable to get those complete molded min - rca cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back