Help bypassing volume control.
Feb 12, 2010 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SP Wild

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys, I recently bought an inexpensive valve integrated for my speakers. I really enjoy this product but it really annoys me that there is no remote control.

So, I would like to buy a remote control preamp and hook it to an input - I would then max out the volume on the integrated and control the volume and input via remote on the pre - amp.

I could have just bought a valve monoblocs, but they are not cheap and I noticed they have what I believe is a volume control to trim sensitivities to match - is this not the same as a regular volume pot? The layout seems identical in monoblocs as integrated, volume - rectifier and input tube - power tubes - speakers.

No point saying it is purer going straight to monoblocs when they also have a trim pot in the signal also - correct?

How much quality is lost by these methods? The guy I bought the amp from said he could modify one of the inputs as a pre - in, by passing the volume, but he told me just to turn the volume to max amounts to the same thing. I am unsure - please advise.

Thanks,

Samuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back