Help buying over the ear headphones!
Sep 21, 2010 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

funkl3

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to buy a good pair of over the ear headphones for my girlfriend's birthday. She has some ear piercings that prevent her from wearing earbuds so she wants some that will go over her ears. I've been looking at a few but I don't really know too much about over the ear headphones (I own Klipsch S4's). I'm looking to spend around 60-80 bucks or less. She's listens to a lot of acoustic/soft rock music. Any suggestions? 

Thanks for reading and any feedback would be much appreciated.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 6
I would say DT 235 (~60$) or HD 428 (~70$).
Or
If your girl friend is not very additived to "bass" , you can get ATH-EM7. It is clip-on style which allow you to wear it with ear ring.  They are on sale ~50$ in Amazon. It looks pretty good as gift as well.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 6
Probably more for home use and she has a 3rd Gen 32gig iPod Touch.

I've been lurking the forums here for about a week. Decided to sign up and try to contribute some info and gain some knowledge 
smile_phones.gif

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #6 of 6
Also may be worth mentioning to her that earbuds and IEMs (that is what your S4 is; it seals the ear canal, and earbud does not) can be worn with the cable going over the ear, which should eliminate any problems with piercings, reduce microphonics, and increase bass response in most earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back