HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200
Jun 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

dSmurf

Head-Fier
Hi Guys!!!  I'm just new on head-fi , i'm looking for an IEM that will suit my music style under $200 cause i can't bring my he-400 since its pretty heavy, it must be an all rounder one since i really do appreciate all genre in terms of music but here's my routine:

MORNING: I listen to RnB, Dubstep, Trance and pop since it will be a starter and to pump up my energy for the whole day coming to the office and getting a nice mood..

AFTERNOON: still the same genre's but a little bit of acoustics...

EVENING:  Mellow, acoustics or anything that makes me fall asleep..

So i really need help about this cause i'm coming from Philips SHE9800 and currently i have HE-400 with fiio e11 and i don't know what to buy.. 

HERE'S THE LIST OF IEM'S THAT I CONSIDER:

Monster turbine pro Gold/ Copper
Triple fi 10
Vsonic gr07 BE / mk2
YAMAHA EPH-100sl
klipsch x10
Etymotic research hf 5
TDK BA-200
phonak pfe112

ADDED:
JVC FXZ200
Audio Technica CKS1000
T-PEOS H-200

Thanks!!!

Jun 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #6 of 25
Isolation wise depends alot on each individual. Due to the ergonomics and design of the IEM, some have complaint that they can't get the TF10 to fit properly. Personally I have no such issues.

TF10 bass is really abundant in quantity especially churning out from armature drivers. If you're a bass head then check out the EPH-100 and GR07 BE from your list too.

Jun 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:
Isolation wise depends alot on each individual. Due to the ergonomics and design of the IEM, some have complaint that they can't get the TF10 to fit properly. Personally I have no such issues.

TF10 bass is really abundant in quantity especially churning out from armature drivers. If you're a bass head then check out the EPH-100 and GR07 BE from your list too.

hmm yes i consider those, thats the reason why it is included on my list but based on the reviews, treble wise, it is unsatisfactory, "thats what i read" 

Jun 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #10 of 25
I wouldnt go with the tf10 if your not going to take extreme care of it because although they seem strong there are so many places where these headphones can break. Id go with the gr07.

Jun 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:
I wouldnt go with the tf10 if your not going to take extreme care of it because although they seem strong there are so many places where these headphones can break. Id go with the gr07.

yes durability is another issue here for tf10 and mainly for midrange iems under $200, Gr07 is the most common iem that has been   recommended by headfiers, but i really would like to have little bass,although i havn't heard the BE(Bass Edition) of GR07 but i would like to have bass like monster turbine pro gold or coppers, but i don't want bass to be intrusive for my acoustic session at night... i don't use my he-400 if im going to bed since when i fall asleep i really can't move my head left or right because of its size. so i prefer iems.

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #12 of 25
check this thread - http://www.head-fi.org/t/641571/the-new-ath-cks1000
I have cks99 which costs about $80-100 and it beats tf10, monster turbine pros by a margin in every sound aspect. lows, mids, highs and that great clarity and wwwiiide and deeeppp soundstage.

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #13 of 25
im going to recomend the tf10. it was one of the best all arounder ive tried, i took extremely good care of mine, however i take extremely good care of all my equipment so that would never be a issue.i donnohow you are with your equipment.

but i did feel it was a real contender for iem's outside of its price range. the sound quality is imo excellent for the price that you can get them for.

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:
im going to recomend the tf10. it was one of the best all arounder ive tried, i took extremely good care of mine, however i take extremely good care of all my equipment so that would never be a issue.i donnohow you are with your equipment.

but i did feel it was a real contender for iem's outside of its price range. the sound quality is imo excellent for the price that you can get them for.

I see but after checking and reading bunch of reviews about Audio Technica CKS1000 which has been released on feb 2013, i am confused at this point... also JVC FXD200 is a contender in terms of all rounder, but im still considering TF10 since theres bunch of reviews and yes, I do know how to take care of everything i own/owned specifically my music equipments for my entertainment and relaxation :)

FYI::
ADDED NEW IEMS

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #15 of 25
What about the HiFiMan RE-400? They handle everything well, as I listen to a massive variety of music. It's almost criminal how low they're priced per performance. I would've paid double for these guys. It's the most versatile and natural sounding IEM I've heard yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back