HELP!!! 963SA Troubles
Oct 11, 2003 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Gopher

Member of the Trade: LampizatOr Audio
Hey all,

I think my philips may have just died on me. I just ejected a cd, and left the tray open while I applied my Herbies Grungebuster to another disc. Upon returning to the unit I noticed the word "blocked" on display, refering to the tray door. It appear as if though the door was already open, it was stuck trying to reopen it.

I hit the eject button again so it would suck it back in, and gave it a minor nudge on it's own to aid it. It sucked it in all the way, but the blocked message did not dissapear.
I figured if I powered down and then back up it would realize there was no jam, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and I can't get anything. I hear the sounds of the door or laser or whatever inside trying to do it's thing (even though it's empty). and I can't get it to power up. No display, no nothing. Kind of crapting my pants here, as I've had a really lousy couple weeks and need my music to get by.

What do I do?

Oct 12, 2003 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 4
If it was me I would take the top off, look fpr the sensor that tells the player when the drawer is open. It is probably optical or a microswitch and could be blocked or broken. There may not be one you can find readily because transports are highly integrated. Perhaps exercise the tray in/out while power is off, power it up with the tray closed and see what happens then? Be careful of your player because you could cause more damage.

Oct 12, 2003 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 4
Unplug it from the wall socket and wait a few minutes. Then try again. If that doesn't do it you better start looking for your reciept, I'm afraid.
frown.gif

Oct 12, 2003 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 4
neb, tried that repeatedly before I'd posted it, that didn't work.

I did have some luck however, after realizing I'd have a hard time prying the door open without breaking it, and failing to get into the unit, I resorted to pushing hard on the drive door. It made an ugly crunch sound, but upon plugging it back in, all fuctions are as normal.

It's been playing non stop since.

Just gonna shrug and pretend it didn't happen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back