Hearing Safety and Ear Health Thread (a diary of a ear health noob)
Mar 7, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #63 of 75
Great thread, thank you for the info. Just wondering if getting into audio, do you guys get your hearing checked pretty regularly? Or just if you notice problems?

Thanks and you're welcome.

Its ideally to get checked once a year. But I doubt any of us do it like that....

Personally I first went to doctor to get my ear checked (may be after 10 years) when I had tinnitus (in right ear) 3 years ago and the cause were a super small bug resting on my right eardrum! She carefully removed it and the buzz went away...

Apr 15, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #67 of 75
Thanks a lot! That’s a really helpful article for me.

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #69 of 75
It depends on the volume and frequencies of the part of the song you were playing, and which type of earphones; finally your ear health / age. As long as you don't hear ringing that is both audible in locations with ambient noise (bus station for example) and that ringing has stopped by the next day, you should be OK. Generally iPhones with earbuds don't go as loud as some of the big boy amps around here as well.

May 25, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #72 of 75
I guess a lot of people regret that they didn't protect their hearing. Most of us start thinking about health only after facing issues. I personally got tinnitus because I didn't protect my hearing when listening to loud music, especially when visiting concerts. From my own experience, I can say that it is better to think about the consequences beforehand, especially taking into account there is a great number of hearing aid supplies online and it is easy to choose the proper ones.
How did you deal with your tinnitus? What kind of treatment did you do? Isn't it has something to do with alcohol and caffeine?

May 26, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #73 of 75
I have tinnitus too, and I don't know if it is possible to deal with it, nothing helps. I would like to try some meds which I can get online. Any recommendations? I like shopping for supplements and medicine online, and I often use Enhance Club which is really cool and working. If you can recommenda a similar service with aids for tinnitus, I would be so happy! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back