Headset cable (1xP3) -> Splitter cable (2xP2) -> Headphone cable on DAC -> Microphone cable on PC -> Noise from motherboard (Help!)
Feb 23, 2022 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rorik

New Head-Fier
SOLVED! AnalogSteph from another forum gave the solution: "By connecting headphone and mic ground at the headphone, you are completing a ground loop. In your case, that happens to be particularly large, and you have the entire voltage drop over USB power return included.

I would suggest keeping them separate. Use the included cabling for the mic only, affix it to the side of the headphones by some means, and plug the stock cable back into the K371. Not as elegant / convenient but your issue should be solved".

Picture of the result:

1645743497302.png

I use a "headset cable" on my AKG K371 headphone:

https://i.imgur.com/i4xGsQX.png

It has a P3 connector, a splitter divides it into two P2 connectors, one for the headphone output (plugged into my Loxjie D10 DAC) and another for the microphone input (plugged into the computer's front or back panel).

As soon as I plug the mic, the headphone "catches the noise of the motherboard". Is there a way to remove this noise while still using this cable? Or I really have to buy an USB microphone?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back