HEADS UP.....TESCO'S
Mar 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Beerme

New Head-Fier
just a heads up for you people, Tesco have a sale on, (at least mine does, Ipswich, Copdock),

HD228 £25, (I got the last black pair, 1 white pair remains.....),

PX100 II £24.95, (I got a black pair but there were plenty left of white/black),

the Addidas sport ones, OMX 'something', (680??, maybe not, can't remember), about £28, (didn't bother with those ones),

BARGAIN!

Was not sure where to post....MODS feel free to move as appropriate.....

LOVE.......

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 8
Nice to know, this should be on the "Deals thread" 
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 8
That's a great find mate, thanks for the heads-up. I went into my local Tesco Extra (Dundee Kingsway) and bought two pairs of the black PX100-II's. Those were the last of the blacks but there's plenty of white pairs left. Funnily enough they're still priced at £40 on the shelf and packaging but I asked the assistant to check the price on her terminal and it came up as £25! Result. My dad's been bugging me to recommend a pair for him and these were top of the bill for his needs anyway. I bought another pair because I look a twat walking the dogs wearing the Shures, lol.

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 8
I saw the Amazon price but it is more and Tesco is less than one hundred yards from my work. And I'm wearing them right now too.

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #6 of 8
Got to say these sound remarkably good too. And I can shake my head without them threatening to fall off like the heavy Shure's do.

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #7 of 8
       WOW, Excellent, I am so glad someone has benefited from something I "Put out there", the thing is, unlike amazon & ebay etc, at least with this you KNOW you are getting the real deal, it is a bit too 'Hit and miss' with buying cheap online!!

Zorrowfox, I hope you and your father enjoy your purchases.

There where also some HD515's for around £50 in mine too, can't remember exact price, but I passed on those as I have had HD595's and got HD600's, but they are a good price!

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 8
Yeah I saw the HD515's too but I can't remember the price. That particular sound isn't for me though as I've also previously owned the HD595's and wasn't all that impressed to be honest. These cheapo Senn's do highlight the fact that I really do need to invest in a pair of quality open cans as soon as possible as there's things the PX100's do that my three times more expensive Shure's can only dream of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back