Headphones
Aug 2, 2010 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

andtobis

100+ Head-Fier
I was looking for a good pair of headphones that you could buy from futureshop.  I have a gift card there so thats why i need to buy them from there.  My budget is 400 or less. Main thing is for them to look decent, and perform well.  I like lots of bass, and my main two headphones were the beats studio's or bose 15's.  i came to this site and that may possibly change my mind.  Anyways, if you guys could list a bunch of good pairs of headphones that cover my ears (they don't have to be from futureshop, but if they are that would be extra good) thanks a lot

Aug 2, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 39
If you are OK with IEMs, you should go with the Monster Turbine Pros (any version you like), the Sennheiser IE6, or Super.Fi 4.

If you want headphones, you should go with Shure (SRH840 or 750DJ) or Sennheiser (HD448 or HD515).

Aug 2, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 39
i forgot to mention I would be traveling a lot, would the Shure SRH840's cancel the noise? They have pretty good reviews, I was just wondering what they would be like compared to the Studio's or Bose 15s

Aug 2, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 39
Welcome to headfi 
smile_phones.gif

Which kinds of music you like? Hip hop? 

Shures are well balanced headphones, but since you need more bass...you need something different. 

Aug 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 39
How about ATH-M50? They have bass and are below your budget...
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 39
Why thank you for the warm welcome
yeah, hip hop is what i listen to.  I was thinking about the Shure srh840's cause they got really good reviews. But i just didn't know if the bass would be good.  I know the Beats Studio's have really intense bass.  I'm not much of an audio purist, like most of the people on here since i don't know much about music.  I just want headphones with lots of bass, and to be able to hear the minor details that i normally wouldn't hear
i'll check those out

Aug 3, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #8 of 39
Both Shure SRH840 and ATH-M50 can be listened through your ipod touch without external amping...
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #9 of 39
Truth be told, though, you won't be hearing what the Shure's are capable of through a portable player.

Still, they don't have bad bass and they will be significantly better sounding than the Beats or Bose. 

Also, the Shure 750DJ might be closer to the sound signature that you want.

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #15 of 39
The 840 has full, rich bass, but it's not boomy the way a lot of lower end headphones are.  In other words, it's not going to be a constant rumble fest, but if a track has lots of bass, the 840 will deliver a good bit of bass.

non-basshead phones often take some getting used to if you're just getting into headphones.  The bass we expect from a subwoofer simply isn't present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back