Headphones you regretted buying the most
Jan 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #901 of 1,852

Quote:
lol the beats aren't even well known for their noise cancelling cause it doesn't work too well.

The Beats have noise canceling? You'd never know listening to them.
tongue.gif

The best "noise canceling" circuitry that I've experienced so far are the QC15s...too bad they only sound average and are priced way too high.

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #902 of 1,852
I still own a pair of active noise-canceling Sennheiser PX 150s.  I use them as my backup headphones at work incase I forget my IEMs or portable cans (which has happened a couple of times due to sleeping in).  They just sit in my drawer.  I've had them for 10 years probably and I probably wouldn't miss them if they were snatched up/damaged/lost/etc.  Probably have a total of 20 hours on them.

They feel like suction cups being applied to my ear drums when I turn on the noise canceling.  The sound is even worse than the NC effect.  It's akin to Koss headphones on a bad day or conversely, old-crappy Sony Walkman headphones on a good day.

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #903 of 1,852
a-JAYS Three. Very sibilant,uncomfortable and microphonic, though it looks very nice and sounds pretty good, sibilance aside and has deep strong bass.
I actually had to use sandpaper to smoothen the sharp parts which were causing pain.

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #904 of 1,852
JVC RX700 - the comfort is horrendous, I don't even know how they sound because I get a terrible headache within 3 minutes, and that's all I can focus on anytime I've tried to test them.  I'm just to lazy to get rid of them...

ATH m35 - not terrible, but I think the comfort is lacking on them and after a couple hours my head gets pretty sore.  Main reason I regret this purchase is I wish I would have gone for something higher end for a portable pair.  I'm still using these and haven't decided on a portable phone upgrade for them though.

Jan 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #907 of 1,852

Quote:
I'll take them off you're hands if you want. 
wink.gif

Cause the LCD2r2 made me addictive to them every day and night... Miss them of sound, smell.. clamping force on head.. weight.. 

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 29, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #908 of 1,852
RS1. I am a fan of Grado aesthetics, but I despise their impracticality. Thick cumbersome cable, cups that would spin and tangle. SQ-wise, the headstage was just too narrow for my tastes. Everything just sounded "small", even with the ear-scratching bowls. Flats... exasperated the issue.

HD650. Three-blob effect. Music on the left, right, and center, but not in an integrated frontal arc.

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #910 of 1,852
Skullcandy Hesh - complete waste of £50, sound was all over the place, although to my brain at that time they were pretty cool looking ^_^

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #911 of 1,852
BOSE

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #913 of 1,852
Some bottom of the range panasonic in ear's that came in every colour under the sun. They were so bad they didn't even bother to put the model number on the packaging. Those earphones completely sucked all the magic out of my songs and forced me to look for better gear, which is why I stumbled upon head-fi and have regretted it since.

Mar 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #914 of 1,852
Just recently it was selling my SR-225i and getting the SR-325is. What a mistake that was! Felt like I gave up some mids for more bass and treble. Then you had even worse comfort.
SR-225i is on my list to get again. It's mids are addicting. Probably tied with my DJ100 as my favorite mids of any headphone.

I also remember the ATH-AD2000 nightmare. Those pads...wow, what was Audio Technica thinking!

The Sextett I have is a piece of junk too. I got it to sound good maybe for about a half hour. Very muffled sounding. It's an LP, but sounds bass heavy and doesn't have enough treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back