Headphones with Vol Control
Sep 18, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 13
Apple Dual-Drivers and Klipsch S4i are the only ones I can think of ATM.

Also, you can buy an inline attenuator and use it as a volume control with any headphone. Shure makes one thats quite nice but there are others. The one made by Koss is ~$8.

Sep 19, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I'd avoid headphones with inline volume control usually pretty low quality. Use the volume control on the DAP itself.

Indeed. I have a KSC75 with the built-in volume control, and it has its way of imbalancing the sound until I fiddle with the knob.

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #8 of 13
Get the Apple in-ears on ebay from a seller named 7Dime for $44, a very good deal. Check the ADDIEM appreciation thread, especially near the end. These are real hi-quality IEMs and retail for $79. I have purchased 8 pair for my teenager, other friends and myself. In fact, I got two for my daughter at the low prices. The S4i is also excellent, I own the S4s as well, but no discounted prices. ADDIEM is a better deal, and both sound very good.

Sep 20, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed. I have a KSC75 with the built-in volume control, and it has its way of imbalancing the sound until I fiddle with the knob.

That's a good excuse for fiddling with your knob .... I mean volume control, if ever I heard one!

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #11 of 13
If you're worried about safety, in ears are no more dangerous than full sized cans. in fact, because they isolate more, the user is not tempted to turn the volume above comfortable listening levels.

If you're still concerned overly high volume, most DAPs like ipods have a number key volume lock. so you can set the max volume.

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #13 of 13
i doubt there r any high quality headphones with remote control.... all u need is basically an extension cord with a volume control... since you'll get about the same quality as having it built in (most headphones anyway, i havn't actually seen a high quality headphone with a built in volume control) anyway with an extension cord you can connect it to any headphone, that's the easiest solution to your problem in my opinion, and they're pretty cheap...(i think)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back