headphones with faulty cable - sellable?
Oct 20, 2013 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

James1822

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have a set of PX200-iis and some Monster Turbine Pro IEMS which have both developed faults.  The PX200-iis have developed a fault in the cable (I think around the inline volume adjuster).  The Monster Turbine Pros have a fault whereby the right speaker cuts down to about half volume/power after listening for a while (not sure what's causing this).

Are people ever interested in buying headphones in need of repair?  People who have the wherewithal to repair things, for example.

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 4
  Hi,

I have a set of PX200-iis and some Monster Turbine Pro IEMS which have both developed faults.  The PX200-iis have developed a fault in the cable (I think around the inline volume adjuster).  The Monster Turbine Pros have a fault whereby the right speaker cuts down to about half volume/power after listening for a while (not sure what's causing this).

Are people ever interested in buying headphones in need of repair?  People who have the wherewithal to repair things, for example.

i think there is a market if full repair can be made by someone who can fix them, just put up a for sale post and see where it leads

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 4
a lot of capable DIYers buy things in need of repair... but for a much lower price then if they worked.  If you think that the inline volume is the cause of the problem just snip the wire above it and replace the cable.  Shrink wrap and soldering.  It won't look that pretty but it will raise the cost people would be willing to pay if you do a good job.

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, I would have repaired the inline volume adjuster if I had the tools. Always liked the PX200-iis. I'll take a punt on a sale ad, but am UK based, so would probably only be worthwhile to someone else in the UK (I know there are quite a few on here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back