Headphones similar to DT 990 pros
Oct 20, 2014 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NguyenAdam

100+ Head-Fier
I have had these headphones for almost a year now. I love the sound, but I can't stand to wear them for more an hour. The headband presses on my head and the earpads just aren't comfortable on my ears. Are there any headphones that are comparable at a similar price range?

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 2
Obviously, different strokes for different folks as I think the comfort of that same model is outstanding.  That said, the AKG Q701 sounds pretty similar to me, with a bit more mid and feels completely different than the DT990 Pro, but gets many of the same complaints that you have about the Beyers' fit.  If you like the clarity and treble of the DT990, then the Q701 should deliver that for you.

As far as the ear pads go, I don't think that the Beyer pads even touch my ears much, so you might have some flat pads or something where it's letting the driver touch your ears or something.

I have a small bump at the top of my head in the center where a lot of headphones tend to put pressure.  It made many pairs uncomfortable for me after only about 20 minutes.  A glance at my headphones will also find that the most objectionable ones also have been modified to not even touch that spot if possible.  If it's a specific spot that's a problem for you like for me, you could take the pad off the top, cut into it from the frame side, and remove a chunk of foam to prevent contact there.  Since I did that to mine, I can wear them for hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back