Headphones in the uk about £100 ish
Sep 1, 2014 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

New Head-Fier
Hello I am looking to get some new headphones, I used to own the creative aurora live 2 but the broke recently. So I am looking for a replacement/upgrade.

So far the ath m50 seem to be really popular but then everybody says they are not the best for the price now on here.

So far I was considering:
Audio technica ath m50 £95
AKG K550 £99
DT770 Pro £120
And maybe stretch to sennheiser HD598 £150

I don't want an amp as I like the convenience of not having one, I will use them in my room, in the garden, at work and at the library so don't want to be lugging an amp around.

What is recommended on head-fi at the moment, I've been looking around and nothing jumps out?

Cheers

Sep 2, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 5
THE AKG K612 pro are cheaper than the Senn 598 and (IMO) sound better and look better.

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes but at 120Ohms will they not need an amp?

I require these headphones for a variety of listening, from films to music, including classical, jazz, rock etc

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 5

I require these headphones for a variety of listening, from films to music, including classical, jazz, rock etc

It depends on the headphone sensitivity. The more sensitive the easier to drive. 
For this model, a few guys recommend some extra power. 

You mentioned the uses, but not your music genres. Please give us more info. 

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 5

They can get loud enough from both my phone and Cowon J3. It requires most of the volume, so for something mixed low like classical it might not be ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back