Headphones, Glasses, and just a small discussion
Mar 3, 2011 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ninjikiran

1000+ Head-Fier
Normally my thick plastic hard frame was ok, even with headphones.  SQ was about nominal with them on as they were with them off.  Due to the curved pads on the audeze LCD-2 though I noticed rather dramatic differences between  having them on a nd off.  Now you see with them off I am blind as a bat, need to have my nose touching the monitor to see whats going on.  I decided to reaseach flexible frames that are both thin and have the flexibility to loose to the pressure of ear cups.  Contact lens don't work with me, and lasik is more trouble than its worth(imo a little too ahead of its time and thus flawed).

My question is, does anyone have flexible frames like Emporium or Flexon? that and how do they feel with headphones especially if you have been able to wear thick hard frames.

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #2 of 13
I have Nike Sport frames which bend like flexon. 

http://www.nikevision.com/eyewear-selector#/results/line+optical+optical,gender+male+male,material+metal+metal,shape+oval+oval/category,optical-gender,optical-material,optical-shape,results

I'd look at the ones with the very small arms.  For me, they are more comfortable than the thick plastic frames.  Also, the arms go more around the head than around the ear.  It's insanely comfortable for that reason alone.

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 13
Have you tried wearing them with scalms on top of the earpads? Work great for me despite the jumbo pads of the LCD-2. I can use both that and my stereo3d goggles at the same time without an issue. 

A bit curious though is there any glasses that let you tilt the glasses independant on the scalms? 

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 13
What i nthe world is a scalm lol  Sounds like an itneresting idea if I think you mean straps like those on goggles.

have my eye on the Nike 4175 thus far, not sure if all of it is flexible though.

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #8 of 13
I was told the frame for eye classes are called scalms? The part that hooks on your ears and make it impossible for me to wear glasses normally with 95 % of headphones out there. The only one that actually work for me is the AD 700 due to it´s weird fit

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #11 of 13
got it, those are sexy if a tad expensive but looks to be well worth it. 

I'll order them from frames direct, http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Nike-tdthme/r.html

Though they have two kinds...  rather two sizes.  I guess I would have to see an optometrist to get it measured first.  I wonder if they will give me the proper measurement so I don't have to pay retail on the frames(if I get the lens from them).

Mar 16, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #13 of 13
Thanks for the suggestion, after much analysis and testing at various eye care places I had decided on the Nike frames.  I am wearing them right now, and they are in a word epic for headphones.  They hug very tightly to the side of the face with malleability to be squished by headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back