Headphones for some mixing
Feb 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

KeytarFox

New Head-Fier
Avast! It has become a place whereas I am without any loud speaker-type equipment, and thus have greatly reduced sense of ears. Noises from when my equipment comes is now reduced vastly and I am forced to mix on headphones or mix on an iPod ducking station (impossible).

As resultant from these vast misdoings and having to live with complete idiots I am in search for some recommendations in terms of headphones suitable to mix, I require for them to be relatively flat (ie no humongous bass), preferably something quite comfortable and well built. I am indifferent as to whether I'd prefer it to be on or over ear, something that isn't absolutely massive is a plus. My price range is up to £80.

I've had a look at the AKG K 240 which look good, although look rather chunky and unwieldy, and the Grado SR60i which seems to be the best bet for me so far, although they seem retardedly more expensive over here than they do in Amerika, which sort of leads me to think that something in the same price range would be more worth the money.

I mainly mix a whole host of noisy industrial, synthpop, and chiptune. I work with analogue synthesisers as well as FM mammoths.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back