headphones for my friend
Nov 24, 2012 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

headphone man07

100+ Head-Fier
Hi head-fiers, a friend of mine is looking for headphones and went to me (her local headphone geek) and is looking for cans that look good, good for pop and most other genres, under 100 pounds sound amazing (she didn't ask for that but I'd cringe if they weren't) and won't deafen her (she's scared of being deaf. Thanks in advance

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 8
KRK KNS 6400 
Shure SRH 440
Creative Aurvana Live
Koss Pro DJ100
Ultrasone HIFI 580
M-Audio Q40

The M50s are terrible, terrible value for money in the UK and EU.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 8
thanks for being so quick but I think you're missing out the looks, you see, how shall I put this... She cares more about fashion than sound 
eek.gif
 (I can't believe I just posted a thread asking for headphones where looks are more important than sound to the recipient!) , the good sound is just so that I don't cringe every time she puts them on, see what I mean, also I would feel guilty if they sounded awful because if she asked me to try them passing would be rude, and the facial expression I would elicit would be rude too so it's trying to avoid awkwardness (she isn't on head-fi and she doesn't care enough about headphones so she will never see this thread 
biggrin.gif
). So looking good has to happen. I will pass these recommendations on to her and see what she thinks because it's her that decides in the end... Oh yeah they have to have amazing isolation so she doesn't think they're too quiet...  

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #8 of 8
I like what you guys are posting, I'll post which ones she chooses, I've told her to pick top three for looks then I'll deal with the sound, that way she likes the looks and I don't have to throw up every time she puts them on. Win win

Users who are viewing this thread

Back