Headphones for good bass.. Trance music £200 budget
Feb 24, 2024 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jacko5

Head-Fier
Looking for some headphones for Trance music listening (good bass).
I have a budget of £200 or so.
I don't mind secondhand as can renew the ear muffs.
Looking for full over ear type, wireless or wired.
Thanks for any help given 😁.

Feb 24, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #2 of 14
The Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro X are about to come out for $200 direct from them if you can wait, I'm on the list since the tuning looks great.
https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/dt-770-pro-x-limited-edition.html

The DT900 Pro X are really fun and don't need an amp, available now used in budget. The DT177x used are good too, I have those also and nice bass when a song calls for it.

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 14
I used to have nth-1 and they were really good. Especially with edm. They have good soundstage and separation for a closed back and bass was like subwoofer. Also multipurpose headphone that looks very modern. Better value than Beyers imo.

Feb 26, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #6 of 14
^This. Had 900's years ago and they were great with trance and similar stuff.

Right now Signature Pure seems to be a strong contender in this price range, haven't heard them, though.

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #10 of 14
Mar 2, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #11 of 14
Go for some Ultrasones, they are the best closed for EDM. Bass punch is spot on.

My favorite pair from them is their Signature Natural, but you can go for other models which will carry the same basic sound signature.

The Natural model was discontinued and rarely shows up anywhere.

Their HFI 780 is a good step down model and is my favorite go to for gaming but also sounds great with EDM. I have probably been through over 20 of their headphones, like most of them - and in the end I kept 780 and Sig Natural.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #12 of 14
Go for some Ultrasones, they are the best closed for EDM. Bass punch is spot on.

My favorite pair from them is their Signature Natural, but you can go for other models which will carry the same basic sound signature.

The Natural model was discontinued and rarely shows up anywhere.

Their HFI 780 is a good step down model and is my favorite go to for gaming but also sounds great with EDM. I have probably been through over 20 of their headphones, like most of them - and in the end I kept 780 and Sig Natural.
These ones ?
https://ultrasone.com/product/ultrasone-signature-pure-headphones-new/

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #14 of 14
Get used V-Moda M100. Still the king for electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back