Headphones for a Gamer
Apr 13, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #16 of 33

Quote:
Sorry, that's far outside of my budget. I am trying to keep it at about $100. They do look really nice, though!

I'm selling my DT770/80s. IMO, they would suit you well. They have incredible positioning for multiplayer, and that theater-like immersion factor for single player. Up to you, though. New, DT 770/80s go for around $170. Mine are used, however are in flawless condition. I need to get rid of them, so I'd be willing to sell them at your budget level. If you're interested send me a PM. 

Apr 13, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #17 of 33
ummmmm they actually go for around 300 new.....

Apr 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #20 of 33
well that's what they go for..... ive seen a few around 270

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #23 of 33
Steel Series Siberia have done me well, I always feel like i'm destroying my AKG K701's when I use them for gaming, sounds silly but oh so true.

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #24 of 33
I'm selling my DT770/80s. IMO, they would suit you well. They have incredible positioning for multiplayer, and that theater-like immersion factor for single player. Up to you, though. New, DT 770/80s go for around $170. Mine are used, however are in flawless condition. I need to get rid of them, so I'd be willing to sell them at your budget level. If you're interested send me a PM. 

Sounds like a good deal! Would you mind sharing some more info about this, maybe an Amazon link or a review since someone said he was expecting a higher price? Though, they look rather huge, and not the best-looking phones, so I am a little hesitant.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #25 of 33

Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like a good deal! Would you mind sharing some more info about this, maybe an Amazon link or a review since someone said he was expecting a higher price? Though, they look rather huge, and not the best-looking phones, so I am a little hesitant.

YGPM. And I forgot to mention, they do look huge, haha. When I got them I was like, "What the hell, these can't be the same headphones I saw in the pictures..." They're really not that big. The Beats by dre Pro are bigger, so are the the HD555, 595, AD700 and countless other gaming cans. 

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #26 of 33
DT770 for $100 is a very good deal. Those cans are great for movies, gaming and electronic music. They shine with a dedicated amplifier. 

My favourite gaming headphone was the AD700 untill it got replaced by the DT880 250ohm. If you need serious gaming on the cheap, get the Superlux HD668b. For $50 the best sound money can buy. 

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #28 of 33
You could always go for the HD555, then do the foam mod.  The 555 is about ~$50-$60 cheaper than the 595.

Also, do you mean headphones or headset?  I don't think the PS3 can output sound via bluetooth though, only voice chat...

I've heard, though, that the Sennheiser 210BT is a very good bluetooth headphone.  At least, according to Mike at Headfonia:

http://www.headfonia.com/sennheiser-px210bt/

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #29 of 33

Quote:
I am just curious - are there any Bluetooth headphones you guys would recommend? I thought it would be a great way to pair with my computer, PS3, and iPad 2.

Yeah, I also wouldn't suggest wireless audio. It tends to be skippy and there's always a hiss. 

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #30 of 33

Quote:
Yeah, I also wouldn't suggest wireless audio. It tends to be skippy and there's always a hiss. 

You should check out that article on the PX210BT!  It's apparently very good for wireless headphones.

That said, they're still more expensive than similar wired headphones, so wirelessness would have to be very important for you to pay the extra price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back