Headphones for $400 - $500 (or maybe IEM?)?
Sep 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

iJimmy

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new headphone in the $400 - $500 range. I really like bass - mids - treble (in this order), or at least that's what I think. I really liked my modded D2000's, so I might buy one with Lantinen cups back. Unless there are really good headphones that beat them by a lot out there. I prefer closed to open a bit, but both might be possible. I had comfort issues with my MMDT, but I don't know if that's just that one. Therefore I might consider IEMs if they can be more comfortable.

Currently looking at:
Mr. Speakers Mad Dog
Denon D2000 / D5000 with Martin Lantinen cups
Sennheiser HD650
Heir Audio 3.Ai
Heir Audio 4.Ai
Logitech UE900

Portable (less sound quality?):
Sennheiser Momentum
V-Moda M100

I would use these for music and gaming. I like kpop, pop (OneRepublic, Coldplay, sometimes charts), rock (Steve Vai) and some classical. Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks!
Jimmy

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #3 of 10
Hifiman HE-400. One of the best bang for your buck HP's out there. They are an open can but you will not be disappointed and they respond well to bass EQ if you like your bass like me.

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #9 of 10
Hmm alright 
wink.gif

I think you might need to reassess what you need these headphones for and in what conditions you will be using them in. A little narrowing down is always good. For example if you are going to be using them primarily at home I dont think the heir audio iems or portable cans will outshine what you currently have.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #10 of 10
If I were to get a portable / an IEM, I would be using them at home 80-90% anyways. So I think I should buy a full-size to get the most enjoyment. I do kind of prefer closed though, so I don't disturb others too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back