Headphones comfortable enough to sleep in
Nov 9, 2012 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kevinv

New Head-Fier
Good Evening,
My question is related to comfy IEM's, I currently have Shure SE530 and Audio-Technica AIR ATH-AD900. I am leaning towards IEM because I have a habit of falling asleep with them on, and I can't do that with Full-size headphones. The Shures hurt my ears in less than an hour usage, so I wont be using those, I have been reading up on Sony EX1000 and Heir Audio 3.AI and 4.AI they have two things I am looking for, good looks and sound...from what I am reading.
I listen to EBM, Dark Wave, Acid House, Free Style, Old School Country, Rockabilly, and New Wave, I amp my headphones listening to Dark Wave, Country and Rockabilly, to give them more of a thump. I do not enjoy exaggertated bass so I prefer the headphones not to add in whats not there bass wise, that would ruin my bass heavy music. I have a budget of up to $600, if I can get reccomendations for a good set below that price excellent.

I prefer not to go the CIEM route...

Thank You.

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 3
Phonak Audeo PFE232 or Klipsch x10 are often the choice of those seeking superior comfort. I have extensively tried both with the Phonaks win in the sound department and the Klipsch winning in isolation. Both are extremely comfortable to the extent that you forget you`re wearing them with the x10`s gaining a slight advantage due to their size and cable which is not over ear. Also the Klipsch are much cheaper and are available for around $150 whilst the Phonak`s will set you back at least $450 and that`s with the earphonesolutions.com ZOMBIE coupon code. However I deviate, both are in your price range and are universal, i`m sure there are other options but these are the two that i immediately think of when hearing the word comfort.

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #3 of 3
Thank You for your input ryanjsoo, I ended up gifting my AD900 and selling my Shures. I could never get them to fit or sound good. I am going to pick up the Klipsch, and I've got my eye on the Heir 4Ai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back