Headphones breaking at the 'jack' connection to the player
Mar 29, 2011 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

holeinmywallet

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

The problem is at the connection between the headphones mini jack and the player, where you get partial disconnect. I am sure others have experienced this at some point. I used to have the same problem before, but with cheaper earbuds.

But I can't believe this has happened to my ortofon eq7..

I don't have the warranty(as this was from a second hand purchase), or do I have the willingness to ship it to the opposite wide of the globe for repair even if there was one.

Is there a good solution to this? I don't have any experience with DIY(soldering, etc) or am I willing to experiment with this expensive pair of phones. 

Are there are sponsors of this forum (or any respected individual head-fier) who actually do repair service, at a reasonable charge? If so, I would be definitely be interested.

Thanks very much..

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 3
I am sure someone will solder it for you, if you ask around (the DIY section may yield better results) It's not too hard to borrow a soldering iron form a local uni. student and re-terminate it yourself. To me, it's not really worth the shipping to have someone else do it for you.

Alternatively, you can see if there is a local hackerspace. I'm sure one of those people would be glad to assist you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back