Headphone shop in Europe(Belgium)
Oct 19, 2010 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Somebody007

100+ Head-Fier
I want to go to a shop and test out some headphones and amps in person as I own a sennheiser hd650 but can't really enjoy the quality if I can't compare. It kicks everything I've heard in the but but I mean I've heard mid-range stereo and low end headphones nothing to match 650s. Also I want to search for a cheap amp I can pair it with and I want to hear the difference it would make.

So anyone know an audiophile shop in Belgium?

Oct 19, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 12
If you can make it up to Eindhoven NL, AudioXperience is well worth a visit. It's run by Hans of (Head-Fi sponsor) Qables & iQube fame. Not much to speak of in Belgium, tho...
ph34r.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #5 of 12
I didn't mean in like that. Thanks for linking that shop I'll probably check it out in a few weeks it's just pretty frustrating that I always have to travel or order online to get products I want because whatever I want to buy they just don't sell it in Belgium^^

Oct 24, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #6 of 12
Same here. You can find some products in shops here but then they're often more expensive.
So far I ordered everything online...

There do are some audiophile shops in Belgium (mostly very high end) and there even is a great tube store in Brussels.

What exactly do you want to audition?

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #9 of 12
hello to dear headphoners.

i am too trying to find a single shop to try out some headphones in brussels (or anywhere in belgium!). i would like to test beyerdynamic DT990, T1, AKG K701, few of Grado's and Audio-technica (the latter is probably impossible to find) models, possibly Denon AH-D2000.  

would anyone please help and advice where to find a shop in this headphone-forgotten-country...? 

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #11 of 12
What I did was contact the companies directly and ask them for a dealerlist for a specific area (Brussels)
You can also try google, they'll give you the shops selling Beyerdynamic etc, then you just have to call or mail them :wink:

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #12 of 12
You're right guys, this isn't easy.

I'm in Holland in Den Haag (the 'music city') and even here, I can't get it done properly.

I've searched for days online, called stores. Sure there are some audiofile stores that sell some good headphones here, or in Rotterdam, Utrecht etc.
But they don't have them all. If you find a store who sells the HD650, they don't have HD600 (a comparison I like to do f.e.), I they do have the Senns, they don't have AKG's (701 comparison). And Beyerdynamic is almost always too much to ask for.

And even if you find a little audiophile store that sells a couple of the cans you want to compare, they have very high prices. I can understand completely why they have to do that, but I'm just not going to spend 429 euro's on HD650's, when I can get 'm for 279. Difference is too big.

I buy most of my stuff here:
http://www.thomann.de/be/index.html?sid=baa0f5ec7891bbbdba07cdac07fb0311 

They're in Germany, deliver for free above 100 euro's, good customer service, they have many headphones and good prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back