Headphone roll call for Heed CanAmp users
Feb 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hodgjy

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone,

I've read that super long thread on the Heed CanAmp.  I've searched every thread here mentioning the CanAmp.  The general consensus is that one of the best pairings for the CanAmp is the AKG K701/2.  That's great.  I'm interested in what other users are driving with their CanAmp.

Please list what you use and your general impressions of the combo.  You'll greatly help me out.

Thanks!

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #2 of 6
Interesting thread...
My experience with this amp paired with:

K271s - the perfect storm
K701 - really nice pairing ( a classic...) with good bass extention but not the same quantity and amazing mids like the K271s
Cardas recabled K701 - beefier bass, the congested mids are gone (now the snares and cymbals are believable), amazing combo

Avoid with Grado´s (tested the SR80, 325, MS1 and HF2) also in-ears, portable and high efficient cans 

Feb 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the info.  What did you like more about the 271 over the 701 on the CanAmp?

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 6
For general listening, I find the mids on the K271s rich and natural. Male vocals, snares and cymbals are a bit more realistic than with the K701. The bass is not as tight, but you definitelly have more bass.

For mixing, you can pin point micro details on the high end of the spectrum easy with the K701 and I find them usefull to provide an accurate reference of the ¨rumble¨ freqs  (40 - 80hz) especially for checking the kick drum, for example.

Still interested in how the Heed can perform with other - non AKG - cans
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back