Headphone recommendation US$75-125
Jan 22, 2018 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

luckybaer

Headphoneus Supremus
What are some g00d headphones in the US$75-125 range?

Use: listening to music out of iPhone, gaming out of laptop headphone jack, possibly watching movies or listening to online lectures & music via laptop headphone jack.

Other requirements: Given the above, should be easy to drive. As far as sound preference, the intended user is a 20-year old who thinks Beats are fine, so if I deliver something too lean on bass, I may hear a comment or two.

There needs to be some isolation, so I'm going to guess open-back headphones (like Grados) are not an option (sadly).

Would prefer well-known brands with good customer support and established distribution/presence in the U.S.

Thanks!

Jan 22, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #2 of 3
Brainwavz HM5 are currently on Massdrop for $75.00. Not super bass heavy, and they are kinda big and doofy looking, but otherwise seems like it fits your criteria. I mean, it's comfortable, so long sessions of gaming or movies is fine in them. They actually have pretty good soundstage for a closed back, so they work for movies and gaming pretty well. They are easy to drive, come with spare cables and an extra set of earpads, and they are a well established/well supported brand.

Jan 22, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 3
Brainwavz HM5 are currently on Massdrop for $75.00. Not super bass heavy, and they are kinda big and doofy looking, but otherwise seems like it fits your criteria. I mean, it's comfortable, so long sessions of gaming or movies is fine in them. They actually have pretty good soundstage for a closed back, so they work for movies and gaming pretty well. They are easy to drive, come with spare cables and an extra set of earpads, and they are a well established/well supported brand.
Those look pretty cool. Will add to the research list. Perhaps find a place where we can try 'em out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back