Headphone recomendation less than $100
Feb 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

duendetucq

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm new at this forum. I want to buy a pair of headphone to listen music with my ipod or my galaxy S3 without amplifying. I have a wide range of music taste. But mostly a listen old rock (beatles, queen, pink floyd, nirvana), radiohead, and classical music. I want to spend less than $100. What would you recomend?

Thank you very much!

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 18
Welcome to headfi...sorry about your wallet. Do you want an open or closed set? For travel or for home?

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 18
I'm a begginer. I don't know the difference, i think it's about isolation. It's for home mostly. I've read good opinions about the superlux headphones. But I want to know wich are my other choices. 

Also this ones are on sale:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sennheiser+-+Over-the-Ear+Headphones+with+swap-cable+system+-+Satellite+%26+Black/2989131.p?id=1218374324536&skuId=2989131

I'm a little bit lost. The important thing is that my mobiles players can handle it. And obviously to get the best sound quality for less than $100

thanks

Feb 4, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 18
The right decision depends on your tastes, there are some good headphones for less than 100 on the internet. All good ones, with pros and cons, but often very different.

Grado sr80i ...................... 99 dollars - Amazon
Grado sr60i ...................... 79 dollars - Amazon
(open design, clear sound, good entry to audiophiles headphones)

Beyerdynamic Dtx 501p...............99 dollars - Amazon
(closed design, portability, small size, ideal for public places, really good sound)

Phillips Uptown......91 dollars - Amazon
(closed design, good looking, very big and confortable cups, quite dark sound at least for me)

Beyerdynamic DT235 is said to be one of the best value cost-product
Only 46 dollars - Amazon
(They are not handsome but for home use, who cares...)

If I were you, a pair of Grado's would be my choice. But that is just my opinion based in my tastes.

Greetings from Argentina!

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 18
Sennheiser PX 100?

Feb 4, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #6 of 18
Hi!

I would highly recommend the UE4000 for you! Although it's not much mentioned here but I would prefer these over ATH-M50, HD518 for it's overall sound. Detailed, a lil warm with punchy and tight bass rather than muddy bass. The mids are most welcomed without scarifying the bass. Although the vocals sound rather artificial but it shouldn't be a problem for your needs.

Just my 2cents
Billson :)

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #7 of 18
The CAL! (Creative Aurvana Live) is only $59.99 at Amazon.com right now, and at that price it is a great value.  Warm tone, very engaging sound.  You'll find them on virtually every list of recommended headphones around here if your budget is under $100.  They will work great from portable devices.

I find them very comfortable, though it is true that the pads are a bit on the small size.

Their shortcomings are lack of isolation from the outside sounds, and their build quality is only average.  You don't want to bang these around.

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:
Hi all,

I'm new at this forum. I want to buy a pair of headphone to listen music with my ipod or my galaxy S3 without amplifying. I have a wide range of music taste. But mostly a listen old rock (beatles, queen, pink floyd, nirvana), radiohead, and classical music. I want to spend less than $100. What would you recomend?

Thank you very much!

I would at least check out the Grado SR60 or SR80....especially if you like old rock...at least give them a listen.

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:
Thank you guys, and what about the superlux?

Bang for the buck headphones, try the HD668B. Some folks use it for pop and classical. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #13 of 18
i was in the same situation two weeks ago.

was recommended to go either CAL! or takstar t/s pro 80... went for the takstar... 

got them and unpacked them today (just a couple of hours ago), i don't want to stop listening to them!

i got them for $75, best $75 i've ever spent on cans... in fact, the only $75 i've spent on cans 
beyersmile.png
. i'm so biased right now 
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back