Headphone podcast??
Feb 7, 2006 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

3lusiv3

Headphoneus Supremus
Are there any headphone related podcasts? I haven't heard of any. I've been listening to lots of podcasts lately and find the whole podcasting thing a great idea. A head-fi or headphone podcast would be great. I would definitely subscribe. I may be even be interested in helping with setting one up, if someone wants to do one.

Feb 7, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 11
if i had any skill at it i would do one, just to get some reviews out there, and a "headphone moment" piece where you would sample a binaural recording and say "this is the part where you put on those cans, here we go!" it would be fun stuff.

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 11
there doesn't seem to be one, but it sounds like a great idea.

Feb 8, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 11
Edwood, Jasper994 and I were talking about a possible Headfi Podcast a few months ago but nothing ever materialized. Let us know if you finalize something.

Feb 8, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #5 of 11
What kind of material will be talked about? Reviews? Overview of the best posts? I'm not being negitive because I would listen to it, just unsure of what you could talk about that could standup for more than a few episodes.

Feb 8, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam
What kind of material will be talked about? Reviews? Overview of the best posts? I'm not being negitive because I would listen to it, just unsure of what you could talk about that could standup for more than a few episodes.

Give a few different reviews of headphones. We could interview industry people, review music, see what's new in the world of hi-fi, give information about mini-meets, reports on mini-meets, overview of best posts, mod info, jokes, contests, special deals for podcast listeners, etc etc.

Feb 8, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #8 of 11
let's get on the ball fellas - I'm ready to get entertained
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 10:49 AM Post #9 of 11
Yeah, what LFF said. Interviews, reviews and stuff like that. It doesn't have to be specific to this site, because it wouldn't be an official head-fi podcast, unless we ask for permission. It would basically be intro music, contents, some audio news, maybe a review, short interview and read out some letters, maybe answer some questions, then outro music. Maybe 30 minutes long and done regularly; such as once a fortnight. It would need two or three people to host it, it can be recorded over skype so that they don't have to be in the same location. The people hosting it would have to be experienced in the headphone or audio world, so that they know what they are talking about.

If someone wants to do a rough pilot, go ahead and record it. Then we can listen, pick it to bits and go forward from there. Don't worry about the technical side of things too much, because it can all be worked out.

Feb 8, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam

i would even listen to a podcast about what to talk about in a headphone podcast.
k1000smile.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #11 of 11
How about members of Head Fi uploading mp3 of them chatting on a topic for others to hear as part of a downloadable completed programme?

Anyone on Headfi could contribute. (Subject to editorial listening!)

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back