headphone padding
Feb 21, 2011 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pooklio

New Head-Fier
hey guys

long time no post. if you all remember me i wear headphones virtually everywhere in my apartment despite their apparent uselessness to mask the sound. things have gotten better though and the neighbors don't really complain anymore especially after I removed all electronic equipment from my room, besides my keyboard. take that to mean wheatever you want. i don't care and that's not why i'm here.

i've had these headphoens for about a year now, they're sennheiser HD280 pro headphones. they're fully padded and for a long time have been very comfortable.

over time it seems the foam padding around the ears are showing their age and they are worn down. now before you start calling me crazy i'll tell you i talked to a friend and he says this kind of thing DOES HAPPEN. Even memory foam can lose its fluff after a long time.

the headphones are just less comfortable now and i am wondering if there's anything i can do besides buying new ones. i'd really like these headphones to last more than a year or two. is there anything I can do to kinda "refluff" the ear pieces?

thanks

Feb 21, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #2 of 8
Hello,
Why don t you take a look to sennheiser hd 25-1 II
or audio technica ath m50
Not very expensive and fun
or get some new cushions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXqL7Q-tW6Y

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #3 of 8
Sennheiser sells replacement ear pads for their headphones on their web site, precisely because they do wear out with use and time.

Here is the link --> HD 280 Pro replacement ear cushions

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #7 of 8
ok so i got the pads. didn't get a chance to do the replacement til now

the pads refuse to go in! i can see they are the same size as the old ones so i know i got the right ones but it's like trying to fit a size 0 jean onto rosie odonnell lol

what to do? i got one on without ripping the damn thing miraculously but the other one just refuses to get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back