Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2022 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 155

bevanc

500+ Head-Fier
Pittsburgh Headphone Meet

Date: 22nd October
Time: 11am to 3pm

Location: Stereo Stereo, Warrendale PA, 20 minutes north of downtown Pittsburgh, easily accessible from I-79 and I-76.

My name is Bevan Court and I am setting up a headphone meet here in the Pittsburgh area. I have been interested in the hobby for many years, and really found headphones 5 or 6 years back. I have also written reviews for TNT-Audio for a few years for both 2 channel and headphones.

Michael Klein, the owner of Stereo Stereo, has graciously said that we can use his store for the meet.

Michael has been in the business for many years and is very passionate about Hi-Fi. He also carries some really nice headphones and equipment, being a dealer for Grado, Focal, Audeze, iFi, Rupert Neve, SPL, Bluesound and DCS.

In addition to the items that Michael has (and yes, that includes the Bartok with the headphone stage), I can also add:

Headphones:
  • Hifiman Sundara
  • Sennheiser HD6XX
  • Beyerdynamic DT177X GO

Amplifiers:
  • Schiit Magni 3+
  • Schiit Valhalla 2
  • Schiit Jotunheim 2

DACs:
  • Schiit Modius
  • Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC with the newly updated 2/64 board.

There is no charge for the meet, drinks and snacks will be provided and all are welcome.

Michael also runs Roon throughout his store and has multiple endpoints, so we can spread out and enjoy listening. If you are coming, please send me a message, along with your name and a playlist that you would like to listen to. We will then get these added to his Roon setup (as long as they are on Qobuz or Tidal).

If streaming isn’t your thing, Michael has CD players and even turntables for the analog amongst us.

Do you have a headphones, headphone amp or DAC that you want to bring along? Feel free, just make sure to bring the cables!

If you have questions please send me a PM

****Update**** Mike at Stereo Stereo has managed to get the DCS Lina in from DCS for the meet. Yes that one worth nearly $30k!

https://shopus.dcsaudio.com/products/lina-system

****Update Aug 20th**** We are expecting to have the latest generation Focal Utopia (2022) to be delivered for the meet

****Update Aug 25th**** We have confirmed that we will have the iFi Audio Pro DSD DAC/Preamp/Headphone Amp at the meet

****Update Aug 29th**** Audeze have confirmed that they will send the new MM-500 for the meet.

****Update Sept 13th**** Audeze have confirmed that they will send the CRBN and an amplifier for the meet.

****Update Oct 14th**** Miles Roberts, Head of Global Sales for iFi well be attending. I believe he will be doing a short talk, details to follow.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 155
Not going to say yes right now as it a 6 hour drive and you are the only one attending right now.

Aug 9, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 155
Thanks for putting this together, Bevin! I’ll be there. I can bring:

HEDDphone
HD800 sdr
HD800 Stephan mod
Yggy
Mojo2/Poly

I may only bring one or two of these depending on interest:
Elekit TU-8900
Mainline
Crackatwoa

Sam
Thanks Sam!

Aug 10, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 155
2+hour drive one way. Not bad. I will see what the Mrs wants to do cause she likes these meets as well.
IF I do come very good chance please include.
HD58x
CD900st
Grado Sr325 goldies
Magnius/Modius
Magni Hershey/Modi3
Nad c538

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #7 of 155
OK if @lord_tris will make it so will I. He had a nice meet a bit ago and will attend as well.
What will I bring ?
Headphones
Abyss AB-1266 OG ,Abyss Diana V2, Abyss Diana TC, ZMF Verite open Cocobolo and soon to have Cocobolo Atrium , HE-500 if you want plus many others if you want.

Aug 13, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #8 of 155
Amps will be the Audio GD Master 9,Amps and Sounds Kenzie.and Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum. Sorry Cavalli Liquid Carbon

Aug 13, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #10 of 155

@buke9

@bevanc

Count the Mrs. and I in for the mee​

OK I’m in as well.
I can bring the AB -1266, Diana V2,Diana TC ,ZMF Verite open ZMF Atrium Cocobolo HE-6se v2,Edition XS and my favorite the HE-500. Plus any more.
r

Aug 13, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #11 of 155
Should be fun.

Aug 15, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #12 of 155
Wow, thanks everyone, that's great to see and such a lot of great headphones and gear coming as well.

So, the plan is that we'll publish a temporary password to the WiFi, so you'll be able to use the various endpoints from your phone. Should be able to do Roon (Tidal and Qobuz), Airplay, BluOS, Spotify And Tidal Connect, depending on the endpoint. If you want to bring tablets as well, that's great, whatever you feel comfortable using.

The plan is currently to have a Rega Planar 3 setup for vinyl as well, and please send me a PM with a playlist and I will set it up so it's ready when you arrive.

There will be refreshments, Mike can also be relied upon to supply lots of M&M's.

There are also a few nice restaurants in the same location, Il Piziaollo, Off The Hook as well as other spots close by.

Aug 16, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #13 of 155
Aug 17, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #14 of 155
Aug 25, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #15 of 155
****Update Aug 25th**** We have confirmed that we will have the iFi Audio Pro DSD DAC/Preamp/Headphone Amp at the meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back