Headphone Loaner Survey
Dec 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Yikes

Headphoneus Supremus

[size=medium]Hello Everyone, I recently started a job with a well known Audio Cables/Accessories dealer. At this dealer they have a Lending Library of Audio Cables that people can borrow and audition at home. So I am having a discussion with my boss on whether having such a lending library for High End Headphones would be viable.[/size]

[size=medium]Our thinking is that at least to start it would consist of higher echelon models (+$1000). The way it would work is that the client (Borrower) would pay for Shipping and a non-refundable deposit (Probably 5%) that can ultimately be put towards the purchase of any product. So instead of buying sight unheard, or based upon a ten minute audition at a meet or trade show the Borrower will be able to compare and listen to the models that really interest them in the comfort of their own home, with their own equipment. There are of course details that would need to be worked out, but that is essentially the gist of it.[/size]

[size=medium]Hence this survey.[/size]

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #2 of 4
A similar thread has been started a few months ago here by user "amhso" but enventually got deleted, you should maybe try to contact him.

popcorn.gif

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #3 of 4
Would the customer just pay shipping and this 5% or so deposit? If that's the case I see thefts in that future. Something like shipping plus the retail cost and then when the item is returned in the same condition then you can refund it all except the deposit.

However I probably won't be doing any kind of headphone loaner like this since I'm happy with what I have and it's all about the journey if I don't like that headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back