headphone "jack" break
Sep 6, 2010 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bhirtz

New Head-Fier
I think thats what the little stick you put in the socket is called right? the jack? recently the the very tip (you know how they are segmented in to three parts with those black lines) broke off somehow of my Grado sr80is. I'm wondering if that is something that can be repaired or, or if i can get a new jack, or if there is anything that can be done to salvage a good pair of relatively new headphones. any help is much appreciated thanks.

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #2 of 2
I wouldn't recommend trying to fix the jack itself.

Thankfully, it's quite easy to replace a jack, with even pretty basic soldering skills (if you don't know how to do it, you probably know someone who does).

It's just a question of cutting the cable just above the jack, stripping the wires a bit, then soldering the left right and ground to a new jack that you can find at an electronics store or online.

If you don't know anyone with the skills, you can probably either find someone that lives close to you on Head-fi that could help you out, and most major cities would have shops that can do a jack for a nominal fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back