Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD700, Denon AH-D2000, Sony MDR-7520, Audeze LCD-2 rev.1 and a pair of Logitech UE6000s
Jan 29, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #31 of 36
Thanks for the shoutout, @Malfunkt - I'm glad my thread was useful and enjoyed seeing yours.

Comparing different headphones and finding what you you appreciate sure is at the core of this hobby/way of life...

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #32 of 36
Hello,

Excellent post. Thank you.  While these headphones are in the hundreds and probably far superior, how do they compare to the cheap Superlux HD668B at $50, if you have or heard it.  These have received excellent reviews from several reputable reviewer and currently I prefer them over the ATH-M50x.  Would be very interesting for a good comparison if anyone have those above as well as the HD668B.  I've been considering going for something in the higher-end such as the HIFIMAN EDITION X V2 but the price is scary.  Would be nice to see this compared as well.

Thank you very much. 

Jan 30, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #33 of 36
  Hello,

Excellent post. Thank you.  While these headphones are in the hundreds and probably far superior, how do they compare to the cheap Superlux HD668B at $50, if you have or heard it.  These have received excellent reviews from several reputable reviewer and currently I prefer them over the ATH-M50x.  Would be very interesting for a good comparison if anyone have those above as well as the HD668B.  I've been considering going for something in the higher-end such as the HIFIMAN EDITION X V2 but the price is scary.  Would be nice to see this compared as well.

Thank you very much. 

I've heard good things about the Superlux HD668B as well, but haven't tried it. Hard to say if you should jump on the X v2, I wouldn't if the price is too high. Do you feel like you are missing anything with your two headphones? What kind of music do you enjoy?

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #35 of 36
  Thanks for this.  I have been trying to preserve and stretch my HD 700's abilities through various amps and cable combinations for the last six months.  Lately, I have been developing LCD 2 envy and was starting to see them as a perfect replacement.  This has helped me clarify the relative strengths of the two and I realize the LCD 2 belongs in my living room with the Jazz records and my Firefly.  My HD 700 is still the one I want in my office for my daily multi-purpose use. I appreciate the time and effort.   

My current "Warm" Rig :-

Rockboxed Ibasso DX50(with all custom DSP/EQ settings set to OFF) -> line-out -> Bravo V2 Amp with a Mullard ECC82 Tube from 1966 -> Sennheiser HD700

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #36 of 36
  Hello,

Excellent post. Thank you.  While these headphones are in the hundreds and probably far superior, how do they compare to the cheap Superlux HD668B at $50, if you have or heard it.  These have received excellent reviews from several reputable reviewer and currently I prefer them over the ATH-M50x.  Would be very interesting for a good comparison if anyone have those above as well as the HD668B. 

I have some brief comparisons at the bottom if it helps: http://www.head-fi.org/products/superlux-hd-668-b/reviews/17872

Honestly, if you are simply looking to one-up the 668b where it shines, you will likely have trouble without spending lots of money especially if you have the 668b well amped. The superlux sits in the range where diminishing returns becomes very obvious. If you are looking for a different flavor, you have endless options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back