Headphone comfort
Apr 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

krismusic

Headphoneus Supremus
I went to the London meet today,which was a great success. I got to listen to many great sounding headphones. Currently I only own IEM's as I have always been sceptical that I would find enclosing my ears comfortable. This was confirmed today. Much as I loved the sound I felt relieved whenever I took the 'phones off. Is this something that one gets used to with time or are some people not able to wear full size?

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 5
Well what headphones did you try? Full size, in my experience has been the most comfy. If it was an on ear pad, then I always felt a relief when I take mine out. Even the heavier HE 500 is comfy for like 8-10 hrs straight

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I went to the London meet today,which was a great success. I got to listen to many great sounding headphones. Currently I only own IEM's as I have always been sceptical that I would find enclosing my ears comfortable. This was confirmed today. Much as I loved the sound I felt relieved whenever I took the 'phones off. Is this something that one gets used to with time or are some people not able to wear full size?

I find my AKG K702 headphones to be very comfortable indeed. These are large circumaural headphones with open backs. I can wear them for many hours if need be and indeed when I am working at my computer sometimes the music stops playing but I continue wearing them without thinking about it, realising after some time that I am wearing headphones for no reason.

To some extent perhaps you do need to get used to full size headphones as you describe them. However it might be that the headphones you tried were not ideal for you.

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 5
My HD595s are super comfortable but I still prefer iems for long time comfort. I am somewhat new to the hobby so I suppose I'm not used to the sensation of a headband pushing down on my head for a long period of time just yet. Perhaps cutting my hair might help 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 28, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the replies. I was able to try a wide variety of headphones. The meet was brilliant BTW.
Even the most comfortable bugged me after a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back