Headphone amp for XM Roady 2
Jul 20, 2009 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

scwten13

New Head-Fier
I ride a motorcycle (1997 Honda ST110A) and I want to use my XM Roady 2 and headphones that are built into my full face helmet. Mounting the XM and antenna onto the bike is taken care of and I have attempted using small FM recievers using the XM FM transmitter but when that certain frequency is being used by a more powerful ground based transmitter it is a hassle and dangerous to change the XM and the reciever both to a new freq. As you probably know, the Roady 2 has no volume control, but it does has an 1/8 output jack, so I would need to go from the XM into the amp, have the volume controlled by the amp, them on to my headphones. Sorry if this is a too simplified for you guys, but I am a newbie and want to spell out the details. I have searched and come up with the CMoy amp fairly often, it seems like it would be perfect. I am handy with a soldering iron and have all the necessary info (parts list, instructions, etc) to build one which would be fun, but I need some advice from experienced people if this is a good idea or just buy one premade. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back