Headphone Amp for volume boost on portable CD player [simple and inexpensive]
Oct 3, 2010 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

normcoop

New Head-Fier
     I need a simple volume boost for my Panasonic CT-582V portable CD player [with "D" sound]. I do NOT need a splitter for multiple headsets or any other "bells and whistles". Also, I do NOT want to hear any audible HUM!!! The Amp will be driving Sony MDR-V900 headphones with 50 mm drivers and an impedance of 24. A sound enhancement feature [ie. crossfeed] would be OK if it comes with it, although the Panasonic already has a "3D sound' setting on it's preset equalizer. I am looking for INEXPENSIVE and SMALL, since it would be permanently plugged in to my portable player. All suggestions would be appreciated.

Norm

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 2
I am also interested in powering a set of Sony MDR-V900 headphones portably. These are of course a set of cans with incredible bass clarity and output at high volume. These were what you always saw DJs wearing on tv before the sponsored crap took over. I've actually been using these headphones for like 7 years. Well ever since college to ignore my roommate. I put some ::unamused:: stickers on each side so they are pretty gaudy and cumbersome (these things are heavy and grip tight!) which is why I am just getting into the amp game. I just use mine for gaming on HD sound card on PC or through my TV lately. What amp out there is the best fot these powerful headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back