headphone amp crossfeed circuit
Sep 11, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Sorry to bumb this very old thread but can you use this AFTER the headphone amp as mine doesnt have analog in? Does this crossfeed make difference in soundquality?

sorry.  the crossfeed has RCA in and RCA out.  so, it can't be used after the amp.
as far as sound quality, i have one of the original corda cross units.  and i find that there is a little bit of fidelity loss. 
not too noticeable on your average system, but a bit too much if you have a very highly resolving system.

if you want THE BEST crossfeed there is, then i would recommend the Meier StageDAC. 

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #7 of 10
Try the Phonitor cross feed circuit.
basshead.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Try the Phonitor cross feed circuit.
basshead.gif

I did.
It's a really great crossfeed circuit chained to a lousy sounding amp.
deadhorse.gif

(well.  in all honesty, it's not a lousy amp if you favor a clinical and overly-dynamic sound, with zero deep bass response. 
wink.gif
)

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #10 of 10
HeadRoom amps had very effective crossfeed circuits. Unfortunately they have discontinued all their line and now only sell other producer's products. (still a great company to deal with) I still own a HeadRoom Micro Amp and matching DAC for 4 years. I find the crossfeed circuit invaluable when listening to hard panned rock music especially from the 60's and 70's. Early Beatles and 'Stones are a classic example. When stereo panning became possible, producers and engineers went nuts with it. On stereo speakers it works OK, but it works for **** on headphones. That's where crossfeed circuits come in. I know this is a hot topic, but let my ears do the talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back