Headphile Senn V2 Cable - Opinions?
May 9, 2006 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

swmtnbiker

Previously known as dpippel
I'm considering an aftermarket cable for my HD650s and am eyeing up the Senn V2 that Headphile is currently offering. The price is great and the quality of Larry's work is well known here, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info on this cable. How does it compare to the big boys? My HF-1s are currently on their way to Washington for some tender lovin' and I'm thinking about having him throw a 1.5 meter V2 into the box when he sends them back.

May 18, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 13
I was hoping would answer
mad.gif
I did not wait and placed an order a couple of days ago. I expect to receive it at the end of June.

May 18, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #4 of 13
Maybe you're the first member of Head-Fi to order one?
icon10.gif
Just kidding of course, but I too thought that I'd get at least a FEW responses to this post. Instead - nada.

Did you base your decision to buy on any specific input about the cable or on Larry's rep?

May 18, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 13
Very balanced sound, best customer support I've ever experienced on Head-Fi, superb cost/performance ratio when compared against the more expensive offerings by Equinox, Zu and Moon Audio.

Definetely a good buy.

May 18, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 13
Personally I like the stock sound more. Headphile worked better on the hd580. It has more treble energy and everything is a bit more tight. Though something is missing compared to the stock.

May 18, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #8 of 13
May 18, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
Maybe you're the first member of Head-Fi to order one?
icon10.gif
Just kidding of course, but I too thought that I'd get at least a FEW responses to this post. Instead - nada.

Did you base your decision to buy on any specific input about the cable or on Larry's rep?

On Larry's rep and also on the price of the cables.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by maarek99
Personally I like the stock sound more. Headphile worked better on the hd580. It has more treble energy and everything is a bit more tight. Though something is missing compared to the stock.

Interesting, I will be using them with my HD600 which is supposed to have the same drivers as the HD580. Then again I also ordered an stock cable for an HD650 to try. I guess we will see if I can tell a difference.
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Interesting, I will be using them with my HD600 which is supposed to have the same drivers as the HD580. Then again I also ordered an stock cable for an HD650 to try. I guess we will see if I can tell a difference.
biggrin.gif

You'll be able to tell the difference- trust me. I have a 1m Senn V2 cable that I use with my HD-25's, sounds fantastic. 15 minutes ago on a whim I tried swapping out the Equinox cable on my HD650's for the Senn V2. I found there was a little more in the high end and it sounded like slightly more soundstage than the Equinox. The difference to me was very slight, to my ears it sounded just as good. I just kind of happened along this thread afterwards. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the Senn V2 cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back