Headphile Amp-Adaptor Review
Mar 23, 2004 at 7:18 PM Post #16 of 24
spooky.

we'll probably have a mini meet before May
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #17 of 24
Sounds good.
One strange thing. I normally listen to music on my speakers at 15-35, and via headphones at 25-45 on my digital amp. When I go beyond 45 on speakers, the police are on my doorstep arresting me for disturbing the peace. However on the headphones from 55-95 there is minimal increase in volume and the sound towards the 95 starts to sound frayed although not much louder than at 45 (which is reasonably loud already). I wonder why?

Mar 24, 2004 at 12:13 PM Post #19 of 24
I think $150 but I'm not sure, because it's now off the website. Since I was the beta tester I got a good price for it, but it wasn't THAT good, still reasonably expensive!
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #20 of 24
Nice review. Strangely I have the same hiss issue with my Griffin Powerwave (class T amp) with headphones. Irrespective of volume it's there, as soon as the music starts it just vanishes, even before the music reaches the level of the hiss. Very odd behavior, I thought it was me!
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by smeggy
Nice review. Strangely I have the same hiss issue with my Griffin Powerwave (class T amp) with headphones. Irrespective of volume it's there, as soon as the music starts it just vanishes, even before the music reaches the level of the hiss. Very odd behavior, I thought it was me!
biggrin.gif

And now there are three people who have are hissed off!
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by kartik
Sounds good.
One strange thing. I normally listen to music on my speakers at 15-35, and via headphones at 25-45 on my digital amp. When I go beyond 45 on speakers, the police are on my doorstep arresting me for disturbing the peace. However on the headphones from 55-95 there is minimal increase in volume and the sound towards the 95 starts to sound frayed although not much louder than at 45 (which is reasonably loud already). I wonder why?

I hate to quote myself but I now know shy the sound is frayed. My cans are dying pretty fast by any estimate. I'm back to my speakers now. BOO HOO!
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 11:52 AM Post #24 of 24
Email or pm Xanadu777. He is a seattle based headfier who makes these cables. He can make you a custom cable. If you want I can send you these cables and you can give them a run on your system. I would warn you that these are prototypes and may not look as slick as Bolders or Kimbers but looks pretty nice anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back