Headfi all but useless on the iPad
Oct 16, 2011 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
SInce the update of IOS5, I think headfi is even worse than ever on the iPad. Buttons don't work (must double tap every button) and constant crashes. Really a shame. Some one should consider this.

Oct 18, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 14
Interesting. I haven't gotten around to upgrading to iOS 5 yet. I'm holding out for 5.1 or 5.2.

Though I'm having one of these issues with iOS 4: I have to double-tap all the buttons, too.

Would someone at Huddler please take a look at this?

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #6 of 14
It's not that bad i think. Just the occasional crashes i guess. I'm really digging the tabbed browsing tho.

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #7 of 14
Works pretty well for me, I had the "double tap " issue using ios4 but it is gone with 5

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #8 of 14
Those having issues with HeadFi... use Tapatalk. 

For what it's worth, HeadFi was bad even on iOS4.  Tapatalk was the only way to really use HeadFi with my iPad.

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #11 of 14
Haven't noticed any Head-Fi issues so far with iOS5 and the new iPhone 4S.

However I can tell you that Sprint can be slow as molasses and I might be switching to AT&T before my 14-day trial period ends.  I'm on Wi-Fi 90% of the time so it really doesn't affect me much, however if I'm paying a "data premium" fee and supposed to get 3G service then I expect 3G service and not 1X speeds.  It is $35 cheaper than the AT&T plan and comes with unlimited data and free mobile to mobile on any carrier, so it might be worth dealing with the slower speeds for the 10% of the time that I use them.  Opinions welcome.

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #12 of 14
I'm having the same problems. 

Also I can't see the for sale forums using tapatalk...

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #13 of 14
I caved. Just bought Tapatalk an hour ago.

Quoted posts don't show up properly, but overall the discussion forums seem fine to me. I'm chalking any other issues to teething.

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #14 of 14
[web dev talk="on"]

The double-tap problems you're seeing on Safari iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch is because of how Huddler has designed its tooltips.

When you're at your non-tablet computer, when you hover the mouse over page navigation, you can see how the tooltip say, for example, "16 to 30 of 483".

You can't do mouse hover on a touch screen, of course. The screen is either being touched ("click") or it isn't. Unlike on conventional computers there's no cursor that remains on the screen when you're not pointing at something.

So how Mobile Safari deals with it is, in cases where a hover action is intended to alter the display (eg, a dropdown menu appears, a Javascript-generated tooltip appears, etc.), your first finger tap is treated as a substitute for that hover.

The best simple solution to this problem is for Huddler to detect when a user is on Mobile Safari and disable the hover tips for things like category navigation and pagination navigation.

[web dev talk="off"]

(Edit: For whatever it's worth, the way Mobile Safari interprets some initials taps as being "hover" actions is something it has done for a few years, so I think it's kind of interesting people are only noticing it now.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back