Headband Pads: Nice tweak for Grado's
Apr 16, 2002 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Hirsch

Why is there a chaplain standing over his wallet?
I found these on ebay, and got a pair for the princely sum of $5 (shipping brought it up to $10). They address the problem of the Grado headband nicely. These were apparently old military stock.

band1.jpg

They just barely fit the headband of the SR-200.

band2.jpg

They are foam padded, so it's a softer contact, and the leather band of the headphone is protected from oils in your hair.

band3.jpg

Although the headband pad fits the SR-200, the HP-1 has a wider headband. No problem...just add some velcro,

band4.jpg

And the HP-1 now has a padded headband, easily removable. Nice and comfy!

band5.jpg

Dec 7, 2002 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 18
I'm bumping this, as people have been reporting comfort problems with Grado's lately. If you can find these, or make something that does the same job, comfort level is greatly improved.

Dec 11, 2002 at 1:55 AM Post #9 of 18
I emailed the seller the day Hirsch posted this. The seller has some left.

I will be ordering one next week. Thanks for the heads-up, Hirsch.

Dec 12, 2002 at 2:37 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by sacd lover
Hirsch, do these headbands fit the sr225 and/or the rs-1/2. Clearly they fit the old sr200s.

They don't fit around the RS-1 without widening them (I use velcro). However, I never even thought to try it before you asked. The RS-1 fits me perfectly as is. It's light enough that the pad isn't needed.

Dec 13, 2002 at 1:36 AM Post #14 of 18
These sound like a really good alternative for those who wouldn't want certain Grados and such due to comfort problems. It looks like they would take the weight and distribute it better across the band!!

Dec 19, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #15 of 18
Hirsch, I have been using my headband pads you recommended and they are great. They are very comfortable and most importantly for me, they take up space making my phones fit much better. This particular pad fit the sr100/200 and my sr225s. They will probably fit any of the new or old grado sr series. Using velcro or a substitute they will fit the grado rs or hp series phones like you showed us. This is the best headphone tweek I have ever tried. THANKS! Very Highly Recommended.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back