headband for yuin g2a
May 12, 2011 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

el-bo

Head-Fier
hi

would anyone have a link to a headband that has the same clip connection as the yuin g2a ??

May 13, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #3 of 8
May 13, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #4 of 8
managed to find a couple of sets on ebay that look similar

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stereo-Headphones-w-Adjustable-Headband-Mini-Jack-/300554768304?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item45fa75cfb0#ht_6061wt_982

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sound-Lab-A070DB-Headphones-Adjustable-Headband-/390209911622?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9121148993291622595#ht_1640wt_730

i might contact the seller to see if they will confirm the type of clip connection

May 21, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
managed to find a couple of sets on ebay that look similar

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stereo-Headphones-w-Adjustable-Headband-Mini-Jack-/300554768304?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item45fa75cfb0#ht_6061wt_982

i might contact the seller to see if they will confirm the type of clip connection

That headband does fit onto the G2a's . Very light with quite a secure fit too .

That slight bit of extra compression onto the ears really nails the bass in relation to the mids and highs .

Or on a Tech house track the Kick and bass sound more precise than the the 3 other portables I've owned . Senn 100 px , Igrado and Jays v jays .

The mids and highs let Trance do it's melodic thang whist also providing the essentially  smooth bass for progressive Genres .

I highly recommend getting the Yuin G2a's with the headband mod for ultra light,portable and quality sound reproduction .

May 21, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
That headband does fit onto the G2a's . Very light with quite a secure fit too .

That slight bit of extra compression onto the ears really nails the bass in relation to the mids and highs .

Or on a Tech house track the Kick and bass sound more precise than the the 3 other portables I've owned . Senn 100 px , Igrado and Jays v jays .

The mids and highs let Trance do it's melodic thang whist also providing the essentially  smooth bass for progressive Genres .

I highly recommend getting the Yuin G2a's with the headband mod for ultra light,portable and quality sound reproduction .

thanks for the reply

i actually received a reply from the ebay suppler today, with regard to the enquiry. confirmed that they were removable, but i'm pleased that you have now confirmed the compatibility

i've had the g2a's for a few weeks now, and have really grown to love them. with the clips, i find them to be soooo close...like you say, just a tiny little bit more pressure to seal it....when lying down, it's essential, as they really do fall too far back from the ears

anyways, this mod has now become essential...i sat down at a table, the other day, and the cord got caught on the edge, ripping the pads violently from my ears...both the clips snapped...had they been iem's they would have just popped out, but.......*sigh...oh well, at least the units still function

thanks for your reply :)

May 22, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #7 of 8
No problem :) .

If I were a Yuin developer I'd definitely release a Head-band version of the G2a . There are nicely balanced headphone &  are  @ the top end in the league of headphones that can be worn out and about .

Having them as only ear clips must surely put some people off from trying out the G2a sound .

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #8 of 8
arrived yesterday (2nd pair, as the first were the wrong set)....

definitely an improvement with the bass and the ability to lay down and them remain in the correct position....also, being able to just hang round my neck when not in use is great

i do have a lot of hair, though, and the headband causes many crimes against hairstyles (and tangling)...i also felt the clips felt more secure and liked how they could be hidden under my hair

the headband is flimsy but cheap enough to replace, should i need to

altogether, a good little mod

cheers 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back