Headamp: Should I be concerned yet?
Nov 8, 2007 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

illkemist

100+ Head-Fier
I purchased a GS-1 on September 11. I was charged at the time and got confirmation from Justin. Since then, nothing. Should I be concerned yet? I understand there is a waiting period (quoted 3-4 weeks on the website) for these amps because they have to be built from scratch. But none of my emails have been answered in the time since the order was placed.

I've been rocking out to the Slee Solo in the interim, but I'd really like to check out the GS-1 too. Any suggestions?

Nov 8, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 50
No, don't be concerned. I ordered mine on August 12th. As per the website, the wait period jumped to 8 weeks towards the end of September. I emailed Justin about my order and got a response from him last week. He said he is working on the enclosures for the GS-1. He had just received them and had been waiting for them for some time. He said he should be shipping them (at least mine) in a couple of weeks.

Nov 8, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 50
x2 on the not to worry.

I actually had ordered a KGSS from him a ways back and while waiting ended up selling all my stats to focus more on my dynamic rig. Anyway, Justin let me know last week that the amp was nearing completion and would be shipping out. Seeing as I don't have any headphones to use with the KGSS anymore I asked to change my order to a GS-X which he said was no problem.

Anyway, my point is that it may take some time but Justin will come through.

By the way, I think you'll find that the GS-1 is well worth the wait. I just got one the other day and have really been enjoying it. Fit and finish are top notch as is the sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 50
I ordered a GS-1 and AE-2 from Headamp (not at the same time, though), and it took about 8 weeks for each one to be delivered -- so there is really nothing to worry about here. The wait is well worth it - I've been extraordinarily pleased with both amps. Two months seems like a long time but I ordered some loudspeakers a few years ago that actually took about 6-7 months to be delivered. Anything that is hand-assembled by a small custom firm is likely to require some patience.

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #8 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by twsmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a GS-1 and AE-2 from Headamp (not at the same time, though), and it took about 8 weeks for each one to be delivered -- so there is really nothing to worry about here. The wait is well worth it - I've been extraordinarily pleased with both amps. Two months seems like a long time but I ordered some loudspeakers a few years ago that actually took about 6-7 months to be delivered. Anything that is hand-assembled by a small custom firm is likely to require some patience.

True. My Slee Solo took a while to be assembled. It was well worth it though. It's unfussy and a delight to listen to. My only gripe is that I had to return the MAX Desktop to Headroom. I was going to do a review of the four amps (including the Cantate and GS-1).

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #9 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 on the not to worry.

I actually had ordered a KGSS from him a ways back and while waiting ended up selling all my stats to focus more on my dynamic rig. Anyway, Justin let me know last week that the amp was nearing completion and would be shipping out. Seeing as I don't have any headphones to use with the KGSS anymore I asked to change my order to a GS-X which he said was no problem.

By the way, I think you'll find that the GS-1 is well worth the wait. I just got one the other day and have really been enjoying it. Fit and finish are top notch as is the sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

So does this mean that Justin has an extra KGSS laying around? Hmmmm...
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #10 of 50
The main reason for Justin's wait time is usually delays with case company. He orders cases and then gives customers an ETA. However, if case company delays his order, there is nothing he can do. Also sometimes cases come damaged or with flaws so they have to be remade which causes more delays.
Dont worry, I am sure you will get your amp is soon as possible.. not like Justin delays shipments just for fun :wink:

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #13 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 on the not to worry.

smily_headphones1.gif

Does this mean there is an KGSS in stock? Interesting....

Edit: Arg, didn't finish reading the thread.

Jan 18, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #14 of 50
The date is January 17th. Still no word from Headamp. Has anyone recently received a GS-1? If I could find out how far along Justin has gotten on backorders, that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back