HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
Apr 27, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #1,666 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ever shipped anything through customs between countries? It's not the same as posting a parcel between AZ and NYC. That is all I'm saying. He has done the shipping to the other countries in a separate run in the past; have the decency to give him the required time to sort through all the customs paperwork before jumping up and down that things aren't fair.

This is why people state 'CONUS only'. It is nothing new.

I disagree, but respect your point of view.
(It's easier to understand if you put yourself in my shoes)

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #1,667 of 2,425
^ You disagree with what exactly? It's a fact of the USPS system that International and USA Domestic shipping involve different procedures, and Justin has historically sent packages in separate USA and international shipments.

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #1,668 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitor Teixeira /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ You disagree with what exactly? It's a fact of the USPS system that International and USA Domestic shipping involve different procedures, and Justin has historically sent packages in separate USA and international shipments.

Have you read one of my previous posts?

Quote:

Quote:

I think you misunderstood what i've trying to explain.
Let me simplify...
It's not fair (if we can say so) to [size=small]satisfy orders, regarding the country of destination, at least the first batch didn't follow that order, so...
What's the point of pre-order list if it's not fulfilled in that manner
[/size]?
Maybe something's missing in my line of thought, who better than Justin to clarify?

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #1,669 of 2,425
I read your previous posts. The pre-order list is being fulfilled in order. Just because USA folks are getting shipping notifications before international folks doesn't mean it isn't. Have you not heard of bulk shipping? If Justin shipped one Pico Slim at a time that would be extremely inefficient.

The sheer amount of impatience in this thread is staggering btw.

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #1,670 of 2,425
Quote:

I read your previous posts. The pre-order list is being fulfilled in order. Just because USA folks are getting shipping notifications before international folks doesn't mean it isn't. Have you not heard of bulk shipping? If Justin shipped one Pico Slim at a time that would be extremely inefficient.

1) While I'm sure your right about the list being fulfilled in order, how do you know, or are you assuming (like you were incorrectly about the shipping no.s earlier)?

2) How about seeing things from other people perpectives - where are you in the list? And where are you located? And how long have you been using this forum? Until you can understand this points, its not fair to comment about how other people are feeling IMO

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #1,671 of 2,425
Quote:

I'm sure you're right.
Enough said.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #1,672 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) While I'm sure your right about the list being fulfilled in order, how do you know, or are you assuming (like you were incorrectly about the shipping no.s earlier)?

ASR has met Justin on several occasions and knows him. He is one person that comes out of the virtual world to interact with members and vendors frequently. He has been an active member for 6 years how about you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2) How about seeing things from other people perpectives - where are you in the list? And where are you located? And how long have you been using this forum? Until you can understand this points, its not fair to comment about how other people are feeling IMO

I'm on that list and quite frankly many people here are acting like little spoiled children. The world is full of people who feel "entitled" and you have good company. Maybe it's unfair that I know Justin understand his work ethic and quality standards that create trust on my end? Since you are not is the US ,you knew that going in, and understand that shipping is different and more time consuming for the vendors. If I were Justin (and I am not saying he did this) I get out as many US amps as possible to shut up many of the impatient whiners as possible. After I got that part of the shipment out I'd then start filling in customs forms as each one can take several minutes.

Sorry for the harsh ,but the whining from all is getting tired. You'll all get your amps and I am sure they'll all sound great. If you can't deal with the wait then maybe you should not have got on this train.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #1,673 of 2,425
For a moderator you lack political skills, as i see it.
When you question a member for it's (litlle) time in the forums, that does not help him, or encourage, to continue this healthy adiction we all have, dont you think?
I thought this was a democratic place, where all members were treated like equal and can express their opinions, whether you agree or not.

In the end it's all about the beautiful music, like "Monkey" used to say.
Be well.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #1,674 of 2,425
Hi jp11801

Firstly, I am perfectly happy with the process and the situation with the wait. TBH I didn't anticipate it would be as drawn out as it is, but I appreciate Justin will only ship once ready, as I've said before.

Secondly, IMO I think its easy for people who are secure in their position in the list, or have experienced this pre-order situation before, or who have experience of dealing with a manufactor through HF than people who haven't done any of these before may find it frustrating. I am not condoning some of the posts, which some have been a bit childish I agree, but when you have sent a lot of money to someone on an internet forum (this doesn't happen on any other type of forum I've ever been on), I can understand it can make people nervous. Factor in people who don't live in the US (unsure of legal ramifications/rights etc), plus the additional costs of VAT for people in Europe (for me, its 17.5%, for some it could be upto 25%) and it compounds the anxiety for some, I can imagine.

I know I have only been a member here since last year, and not 6, and no I not an active member off the forum or have 000's of posts, but that doesn't make any difference to whether people are making assumptions, without possibly being in full awareness of the facts, does it
confused_face_2.gif
. Nothing against ASR either, but it would help if these statements could be backed up, however obvious they may seem.

TBH, these last 2 pages highlight to me how issues get blown out of all proportion too easily. A perfectly legitimate question was asked about shipping outside the US, and despite the initial 25 being sent all across the world, nearly 2 pages of discussion about shipping batches, and the last pre-order thread, customs, UPS shipping services, shipping legislation etc.......

Anyway as you said, we will all get our Slims when they are ready, and hear the 'beautiful music', and thats all that matters, as thats why we are all here
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

David

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #1,675 of 2,425
Quote:

When you question a member for it's (litlle) time in the forums, that does not help him, or encourage, to continue this healthy adiction we all have, dont you think?
I thought this was a democratic place, where all members were treated like equal and can express their opinions, whether you agree or not.

Be well.

As I see it he's speaking his opinion as a member, not a moderator. Of course, I'm not jp so I wouldn't know but just guessing
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #1,676 of 2,425
Apr 28, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #1,677 of 2,425
Quote:

Be well.

not questioning his time but questioning his questions regarding ARS's time here. Sorry I was not more direct in doing that, democracy is not crying fire in a crowed theater. As I see it as a member democracy does not mean all are equal but are seen on merit and ASR has much currency based on his time and contributions given to this community. I do however as a member encourage people to do their due diligence. I also encourage people to be adults and as adults understand that there will be a wait time for this product and to be honest with themselves regarding this wait.

Sorry we do not view this place the same and I hope to meet you at a meet in the future.Oddly once/if you meet the Monkey ( I have) you'll understand the nature of his quote.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #1,679 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not questioning his time but questioning his questions regarding ARS's time here. Sorry I was not more direct in doing that, democracy is not crying fire in a crowed theater. As I see it as a member democracy does not mean all are equal but are seen on merit and ASR has much currency based on his time and contributions given to this community. I do however as a member encourage people to do their due diligence. I also encourage people to be adults and as adults understand that there will be a wait time for this product and to be honest with themselves regarding this wait.

Sorry we do not view this place the same and I hope to meet you at a meet in the future.Oddly once/if you meet the Monkey ( I have) you'll understand the nature of his quote.

I'm not at all questioning his time here, and would be interested if you would PM me with where you think I have- I have merely asked if, as he stated something, if it was assumption or fact - to persevre with this is frankly a waste of mine and your time.

I'm not going to post on this again, as I don't want a thread, which I believe is paid for by a MOT, to carry on in this vain, as it is counter-productive.

Regards

David

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #1,680 of 2,425
cool I'd be glad getting back to enjoying the music and patiently waitiing

sorry if I misinterpreted your post # 1670 where you questioned how long steve (asr) had been on this forum, sometimes words are tougher to interpret on line vs in person

Users who are viewing this thread

Back