HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Mar 18, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #3,436 of 3,724
Yeah, I know - but they have gotten a lot better about that for Priority Mail (I think first class & parcel post still lag far behind). The last several priority mail packages I've received had tracking that looked like typical UPS info.

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #3,437 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's USPS tracking it's not uncommon for updates to be late or even extremely late...to the point where it'll say "Electronic Shipping Info Received" even after I already have the package in hand. Not saying if it is the case here, but it's good to be aware of it.

i hope that is the case but i highly doubt it.
i only use the usps priority mail when i ship goods, and i always try to use the same method when i purchase something. so far, the usps tracking has been very accurate every single time. there were cases where the updates were a few hours behind but there were always updates made in timely manner. i've never had a case where the update was 24 hours or 48 hours behind actual movement of the shipment.

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #3,438 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i hope that is the case but i highly doubt it.
i only use the usps priority mail when i ship goods, and i always try to use the same method when i purchase something. so far, the usps tracking has been very accurate every single time. there were cases where the updates were a few hours behind but there were always updates made in timely manner. i've never had a case where the update was 24 hours or 48 hours behind actual movement of the shipment.

Then I guess I just might be very unlucky.

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #3,439 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's USPS tracking it's not uncommon for updates to be late or even extremely late...to the point where it'll say "Electronic Shipping Info Received" even after I already have the package in hand. Not saying if it is the case here, but it's good to be aware of it.

Yes, I received my TWag cable from Craig at Whiplash today that he shipped on 7th March but USPS tracking is still just showing the "Electronic Shipping Info Received" message so it seems USPS tracking is no good

Mar 19, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #3,440 of 3,724
The USPS doesn't offer "tracking" of any kind for domestic Priority Mail packages. The service offered is Delivery Confirmation and is only intended to update upon delivery. Sometimes you get better information, sometimes you don't, it's a total crap-shoot based on which PO's the package travels through and whether or not they bother to scan it. I've send and received many packages with DC on them and I'd say 99% didn't update past the info received stage until after I'd already received the item.

The error here is that people expect it to be tracking and it simply isn't.

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #3,441 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent 30 out this morning, which is about 1/3 the backlog, will get the rest done in 2 shipments the rest of the week. So if you haven't received the tracking # yet look for it no later than Saturday.

I paid on January 24th.
However, any has not received it yet....
Well, when is my amount shipped?
confused.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #3,442 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The USPS doesn't offer "tracking" of any kind for domestic Priority Mail packages. The service offered is Delivery Confirmation and is only intended to update upon delivery. Sometimes you get better information, sometimes you don't, it's a total crap-shoot based on which PO's the package travels through and whether or not they bother to scan it. I've send and received many packages with DC on them and I'd say 99% didn't update past the info received stage until after I'd already received the item.

The error here is that people expect it to be tracking and it simply isn't.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but this looks like tracking to me:

USPS - Track & Confirm

USPS - Track & Confirm

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #3,444 of 3,724
since justin said he shipped 30 on tuesday morning, most buyers in the US should receive their packages either today or tomorrow. some should have received them even yesterday.
priority mail = 2~3 business days
last time justin sent me a package via priority mail (about 2 years ago), i received it the next day. i received most of the priority shipments from east coast within 1 day or two, and 2~3 for the ones from the west coast.
let's see if we get anything in the mail today or tomorrow.

Mar 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #3,449 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent 30 out this morning, which is about 1/3 the backlog, will get the rest done in 2 shipments the rest of the week. So if you haven't received the tracking # yet look for it no later than Saturday.

All shipped now then? My inbox is empty.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back