HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Jun 7, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #2,192 of 3,724
I received my payment request today (#497 on the April 21st list). It will be oh so nice to listen to audio from my computer again. Shipment will be a while yet though, I'm sure.

I was about to post a FS ad for my trusty Tomahawk in anticipation of my Pico upgrade but apparently I don't have the 50 posts they require to post.
frown.gif
And here I thought I was being a good member this last year and only posting when I thought I had something meaningful to contribute. I guess I've got to find something to talk about...

Jun 7, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #2,193 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo328 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin, if we don't see our handle on the ordering page, how do we know what number we are? Thanks!

I have only assigned numbers up to #533, which was updated 4/21. I'll add the 4/21-Present requests in the next few days. If you'd like to estimate your number, the average is 2 per day.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jun 8, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #2,196 of 3,724
Hi justin, quick question:
For the pico, would you recommend using a software resampler like secretrabbitcode when listening to music or would the pico do a better job of resampling it's own via hardware? Thanks!

Jun 9, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #2,198 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kezzbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I’m 531. Haven’t heard anything from Justin yet, ahhh! The suspense is killing me.

#401, got a payment request over the weekend.

Jun 9, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #2,199 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi justin, quick question:
For the pico, would you recommend using a software resampler like secretrabbitcode when listening to music or would the pico do a better job of resampling it's own via hardware? Thanks!

Resampler is useless since USB does not allow sampling frequency over 48 KHz.

Jun 9, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #2,200 of 3,724
USB 2 will pass a 24 bit 96 khz signal. I use Foobar2000 with Secret Rabbit Code to upsample before sending the signal via USB to my Empirical Audio Offramp Turbo2. It works very well.
However, you will have to try it in your system. The computer I'm using is dedicated to audio. It has no programs AT ALL running including anti-virus, screen saver, etc. Sometimes people have found that their computers just can't keep up with the upsampling because of other programs running.

Jun 10, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #2,201 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have now finished through #400, and am now taking payments for #401-500 which I'll start next week.

If I have your email address, I'll be sending confirmation of your Pico selections and payment requests.

I have number #398, and I've received no shipping notice, and no confirmation from you regarding the PM I sent you. I don't know what the hell's going on, and it's rather upsetting.

You have my e-mail address, and I've sent payment about a month ago through google checkout. Some kind of explanation would be appreciated.

Jun 10, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #2,202 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMajor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USB 2 will pass a 24 bit 96 khz signal.

Pico USB receiver chip is PCM2707, which is USB 1.1. Its sampling rates are 32, 44.1, 48 kHz.

Jun 10, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #2,203 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistahan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have number #398, and I've received no shipping notice, and no confirmation from you regarding the PM I sent you. I don't know what the hell's going on, and it's rather upsetting.

You have my e-mail address, and I've sent payment about a month ago through google checkout. Some kind of explanation would be appreciated.

On Saturday 6/7 he said he completed through 400. I didn't get a shipping notice either on my shipment, but I did receive the amp five days or so after he said he shipped it (GA to AZ). I have no idea where you live in the world, but if you are in the States why don't you give it a week for delivery before going nuclear on the guy?

Jun 10, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #2,204 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On Saturday 6/7 he said he completed through 400. I didn't get a shipping notice either on my shipment, but I did receive the amp five days or so after he said he shipped it (GA to AZ). I have no idea where you live in the world, but if you are in the States why don't you give it a week for delivery before going nuclear on the guy?

I don't live in the states, and I will be leaving home for few months this friday. I sent him few PMs about my situation and asked to hold the shipment until late August or early September(since I don't think I'll get my shipment by this friday). I don't want to have the shipment arrive when I'm unable to receive it, and complicate the matter when I am able to receive it. I need to know he read my PM, and I need to know what he's going to do about it. What am I supposed to do when my PMs and e-mails go unanswered for over a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back