Headamp Loop Out..?
May 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Townyj

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok i so i have a quick question if anyone would be kind enough to give me a quick response
smily_headphones1.gif

My CIAudio VHP-2 has a Loop Out, since i would like a Tube amp sometime down the track. Maybe a Millet Mini Max or such. Will i be able to run it from the Loop Out, meaning i wont have to go through the process of purchasing a new DAC etc.

Something like this..... DAC > VHP-2 > Loop Out > Millet Mini Max...

If this is possible, will it degrade my SQ at all.

May 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 4
If it is a straight, passive pass-through of the signal it should have little to no effect (other than the effect the selected IC's will have). I used this type of setup a few times, such as running a DAC to a GS-1 and then on to a WA6. This worked very well and provided a very flexible setup. Also being a direct, passive link the preceding amp did not even need to be switched on.

May 10, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Thank you for the fast reply
smily_headphones1.gif

Since the VHP-2 is on all the time and you have no option to turn it off, will it cause a drama you think..?? Im thinking it maybe wont if i just take out the headphones from the jack. Hmmmm, i might send Dusty a email for a little more info. If this is possible it will save me alot of money and space, not having to purchase a new source etc.

As you can see it just say's Loop on the rear, on the website it mentions they are looped through output jacks. Which sound's like what im after
smily_headphones1.gif

vhp2r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back